calling all the 3d animators

tiwari

Disciple
its not like i have a project for u guys and need ur help :eek:hyeah: , i just wanted to knw if there r any 3d animators around in TE :)

do lemme knw if u guys r into 3d animation , probably we can talk abt stuff and network :cool2:

sumit

Well I haven't learnt anything for any place but I love tinkering around in 3Ds Max. Does that make me an animator? :/

yeah tried my best. Thing is I managed to model and I hope to render now that I got a better PC; the thing is I'm taking really really long :lol: ......

Perhaps I should sign up at Frameboxxx ....

tiwari said:
^ no plz no frameboxx :tongue:..i can suggest u better options and better institutes if u want :)
Can u suggest any institute better than FRAMEBOXX? ( Bangalore):)

well i am also one then . not really animating , just related
stormblast is one
zhopudey , somxnemesis and yea you should check the graphics subsection to find out more

@ Hector19, RD274 ..r u guys serious abt 3d or just want to do it as a hobby, see being a former MAAC student myself I really cant advice you to go to frameboxx but ya these guys do teach u the tools which r necessary to get an idea wat 3d is all about. If you r serious abt this stuff i would suggest you doing it frm outside :), u guys can also check out tutorials by gnomon,lynda,digital tutors and learn urself if u want :)

hey Kippu and gagan nice to meet u guys. So gagan u r into modeling, nice :)

r u guys into freelancing or work in in some studio?

i know modelling n i use 3dsmax for it but m not a pro as i don't get enough time due to game programming etc stuff. :p

but m learning continuously as i enjoy drawing,modelling,rigging,animation :p and my sources for learning are-> lynda,digital tutors,CD Acadmey,EAT 3d etc..

tiwari said:
@ Hector19, RD274 ..r u guys serious abt 3d or just want to do it as a hobby, see being a former MAAC student myself I really cant advice you to go to frameboxx but ya these guys do teach u the tools which r necessary to get an idea wat 3d is all about. If you r serious abt this stuff i would suggest you doing it frm outside :), u guys can also check out tutorials by gnomon,lynda,digital tutors and learn urself if u want :)
Yeah I'm quite serious. If not Frameboxx then where else do we go? I've heard really -ve reviews about Maac after it got bought out by Arena. What do you mean by 'outside' ? If you mean abroad then I'm not quite too sure.... Don't they charge 10 - 20 lakhs over there?

Thanks for tutorial sites :)

lot of modeling and little bit of texturing...

My main area is modeling..

Have been doing freelancing since jan 2010 ...

Aiming to get into studio my end of year

@RD274 if you can do it on your own that it good...

Main thing is find what you like to in CG Eg:- Modeling, Animation, VFX, Texturing, Lighting...

Jack of all,master of none...Will get you job at first, Down line when you look senior position it will hurt you...

Here list of Careers Introduction

Found on internet when i was going start in this field

There are some positions which you learn when start working with studio...and not taught in class or institutes

But look this

Couldn't find a job with $70,000 degree

If your work is not good then thing can go wrong with it....

Careers Introduction

The following list is just a small taste of the possible positions that may be open to you as you move throughout your career.

As you develop your skills and find your niche, you may discover your dream job fits into one of these categories, or you may move outside these boundaries – either way, Full Sail's objective is to help you find your way into a fulfilling career doing what you love.

Animator

Creates movement for characters, objects, and natural phenomenon in a game, commercial, TV show, or animated feature.

Art Director

Improves the process, quality, and productivity of art development while promoting artistic and job harmony.

Character Animator

Utilizing an understanding of motion, weight, emotion, acting, and timing, specializes in the creation of realistic character movement.

Character Modeler

Utilizes concept art to create and build 3D computer modeled characters.

Character Rigger

Generates a skeletal structure to manipulate CG characters. Also responsible for generating surface simulations such as cloth or skin.

Compositor

Responsible for creating seamlessly integrated combination of live action, computer graphics, and visual effects for film and video.

Concept Artist

Creates original characters, objects, environments, and storyboards, under the guidance of the visual effects art director.

Creative Director

Responsible for quality of work produced while overseeing all creative projects and staff.

Environment Modeler

3D computer artist or modeler who constructs landscapes and structures.

Intern

Provides entry-level 3D animation, modeling, texturing, shading/lighting, and/or compositing.

Lead Artist

Models and textures objects and environments during the computer animation production process.

Match Mover

Matches CG camera movement to live action camera - as well as animated objects and characters - to real world objects and characters.

Matte Painter

Animation artist who paints background scenes for live action films.

Modeler

Using geometric structures, builds complex 3D computer models for characters, effects, and environments.

Render Wrangler

Monitors activity on the render farm, while managing rendering priorities based upon the needs of department supervisors and production management.

Rotoscope Artist

Provides traced outlines (or mattes) so that live action objects can be integrated into layers for film or television material.

Sculptor

Creates small 3D version of concept characters and environments for special effects and camera play

Senior Programmer

Knows and understands all aspects of game programming – supervises the programming unit.

Special Effects Animator

Animates anything that is not a character, such as vehicles, machinery, and natural phenomena.

Storyboard Artist

Works with the story department to draw essential sketches for a graphical interpretation of the story that will guide the animation department.

Supervising Animator

Leads a team of animators to ensure the continuity of a game project or animated feature.

Technical Artist

Develops and refines the art content pipeline from 3D application to finished game. Works with art assets, engineers, and artists to improve workflow and game performance while enhancing the in-game art content.

Technical Assistant

Assists the art director in gathering and organizing all assets in the animation production pipeline.

Technical Director

Solves technical problems of a specific shot or visual effect in a live action or computer animated feature.

Texture Painter

Defines surface qualities of 3D characters and environments.

Visual Effects Artist

Oversees production of special effects projects, such as digital effects, stop-motion, and composited imagery

^ yup i m talking abt abroad, but i knw money is a issue:p ..man i seriously would have tried for goblins if i had some money.

@gagan ..nice :)

@gamingstill....dude i myself think abt jumping into game programming but do not knw how and where to start , maybe u can suggest something :)

tiwari said:
@gamingstill....dude i myself think abt jumping into game programming but do not knw how and where to start , maybe u can suggest something :)
u know programming ? i mean c++ or some other Object Oriented programming...

if u don't know how to program then i suggest you to learn c++ using any basic book first (covering all the syntax etc) and write as much programs you can as writing programs will make u comfortable with programming then try to write some small games in c++( DOS BASED ) like tic tac toe etc or text based games, then read some good book like c++ for game programmers (excellent book on c++) ,then learn Data structures and then learn some graphgics API like DirectX(long learning curve ) or OpenGl.....

n if u need some advice or help PM me or email me at -> gamestill@yahoo.com[/email

Back