CPU/Mobo Calling all the experts...Pass on the comments

hey ppl...

After the chennai meet... Raghu / freaky etc helped me and got a config for budget of 35K
I have my sources who would be getting me stuff from the US.... No/slight OC :hap5: :hap5:

Asrock 939 Dual Sata2
2 * 512 Gskill
NEC 3550 a DVD writer
some PSU - Coolmaster PS 450 ACLY (thats mychoice :D)
Some graphics card 6600GT or higher.... for the rest of the cash that i would have

Local stuff that i would get here...
seagate 80Gb SATA
case - my choice was some iball or zebby (with either lot of ventilation or.... open system - you know what i mean)

Now what do you guys say?? :huh: :huh:
Suggestions / Comments more than welcome :) infact thats why i am posting this ......

Dont get the DVD-Writer from abroad. Instead try getting 2 x 1GB = 2 GB RAM.

Or get a nice PSU like Antec TP2.0 550 or NeoHE.

And why are you going for Asrock Dual SATA2?? Get a better mobo like A8N-E or something from the US.

Buy the DVD-Writer BenQ DWE1650 here in India itself.

I think it is wiser to buy the mobo locally. Warranty support if often required for a motherboard, and is difficult if you bought it abroad.

Also, why 80GB SATA? Go for at least 120GB, the price difference is now minimal. You can even try 160GB

Don't get that NEC... tonnes of issues with it. Get a benq instead. If you are buying in the US, no point getting Asrock, get a better board. The DFI Infinity NF4 ultra is real nice. Power supply/CD Drive/Hard drives are the last thing I'd get from US. Video card and RAM is fine.

^ GSkill's out of stock :D

IMO get the Drives here. Locally available Transcend UCCC should be good enough for mid-level overclocking too.

darn didnt notice that :p

i actually told him to get the whole rig here :p in case of rma issues , maybe he can get card + board and maybe psu alone from the us and the rest here

edit : and he sed no oc right ;)

Thanks for the suggestion guys....I'm looking into it...and revising my gig's config all the time... so many choices yet budget stays the same :D :D....

Stuck here and there...

These are my choices after some more heavy help from Raghu.... i mean he did most of it... i do the financial planning :)

Opty 165 $325

sorry the thread got posted.... half the way - my bad

So... here are the specs... that i have to choose from...

AMD operton 165 $328.50 - no second thoughts I'm getting this firm (this covers fan and heatsink)

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D - $130 or DFI nF4 Ultra-Infinity Socket 939 - $93, sorry Raghu i just cant refuse a DFI. I know i dont over clock - still!!! ;p
I am still considering the Asrock, the reviews read good!

Transcend 1GB Micron Chip Local Rs4600 (so that later i can make it 2 x 1Gb)

XFX 6600GT 256 $140 or eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256 $160

Ultra 200GB HDD - $40 hehe :D yes it is true - i'm taking this outside the 35K budget

Case with enough blah Rs1000

Power Supply - now this is where i am stuck!
SLI Enermax 535W (New) FMA ATX12V Ver2.01 535W (nVidia SLI Certified) $85
or
NON SLI Antec SP2 500W - $71
or
Antec NeoHE 430 ATX12V - $85.75
or
NON SLI Fortron AX450-PN - $57
or
No idea!!! i am really weak at this.... this is where i get stuck all the time!!!

The best combination tips of the 35K budget by Rs 1500. Any ideas?

EDIT: btw Bottle i am planning to take my opty to 2.2 slight OC never hurt anyone...

unlucky_devil said:
hey ppl...

Asrock 939 Dual Sata2
2 * 512 Gskill
NEC 3550 a DVD writer
some PSU - Coolmaster PS 450 ACLY (thats mychoice :D)
Some graphics card 6600GT or higher.... for the rest of the cash that i would have
Chaos said:
Don't get that NEC... tonnes of issues with it. Get a benq instead. If you are buying in the US, no point getting Asrock, get a better board. The DFI Infinity NF4 ultra is real nice. Power supply/CD Drive/Hard drives are the last thing I'd get from US. Video card and RAM is fine.
Im having the NEC 3550-A with me and its the most recommended drive in most of the hardware forums abroad. I even modded mine to a NEC 4551 which has LABELFLASH (similar like lightscribe) and DVD-RAM support. So i got a $40 drive and its now the best among all NEC models :clap:
And Im suggesting the Asrock cuz its cheap and damn good! Besides its not available here. The DFI Ultra D is over his budget (or has to skimp on other components to get it)
And i have a cheapo PSU ($17) from USA for 3 years and its doing great. Idont think he will have any problems with a solid PSU like i had suggested. A CD Writer too thats been working fine for the same time. HDD's are available at $40 after rebates for a 200GB drive now! That will serve well as backup/storage/take-around even if he doesnt want to take a risk with using it as his main drive.

Raghu.

unlucky_devil said:
sorry the thread got posted.... half the way - my bad

So... here are the specs... that i have to choose from...

AMD operton 165 $328.50 - no second thoughts I'm getting this firm (this covers fan and heatsink)

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D - $130 or DFI nF4 Ultra-Infinity Socket 939 - $93, sorry Raghu i just cant refuse a DFI. I know i dont over clock - still!!! ;p
I am still considering the Asrock, the reviews read good!

Transcend 1GB Micron Chip Local Rs4600 (so that later i can make it 2 x 1Gb)

XFX 6600GT 256 $140 or eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256 $160

Ultra 200GB HDD - $40 hehe :D yes it is true - i'm taking this outside the 35K budget

Case with enough blah Rs1000

Power Supply - now this is where i am stuck!
SLI Enermax 535W (New) FMA ATX12V Ver2.01 535W (nVidia SLI Certified) $85
or
NON SLI Antec SP2 500W - $71
or
Antec NeoHE 430 ATX12V - $85.75
or
NON SLI Fortron AX450-PN - $57
or
No idea!!! i am really weak at this.... this is where i get stuck all the time!!!

The best combination tips of the 35K budget by Rs 1500. Any ideas?

EDIT: btw Bottle i am planning to take my opty to 2.2 slight OC never hurt anyone...

hey man, since ur heart is set on a DFI (as it right should be, but i dont see the point since you are not gona overclock) get a PSU which is stated as being compatiblke in this list: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

It will save you a lot of trouble later on.

Regards,

Karan

And if you get 1 GB Micron now, there is no guarantee that later when you want to upgrade to 2 GB, Micron chips will still be available. So, you may be forced to buy another 1 GB of something else apart from Micron

And for a 20$ difference, avoid the 6600gt, the 6800GS would be way faster than that. Makes no sense going in for the 6600gt. For the psu the antec sp2 500w should suffice.

Another suggestion would be to get the expensive stuff like 165, mobo, psu from the US and get the rest of the stuff like case, hdd, etc from here with local warranty.

Raghunandan said:
Im having the NEC 3550-A with me and its the most recommended drive in most of the hardware forums abroad. I even modded mine to a NEC 4551 which has LABELFLASH (similar like lightscribe) and DVD-RAM support. So i got a $40 drive and its now the best among all NEC models :clap:
And Im suggesting the Asrock cuz its cheap and damn good! Besides its not available here. The DFI Ultra D is over his budget (or has to skimp on other components to get it)

Raghu.

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36784

Check this thread for 3550A issues. The best NEC are still 2500A/3500A and since then its gone downhill.

I suggested the Infinity board which is around 85$ and not the Lanparty. If its a cheapo PSU which you don't care about if it burns, its fine but a good PSU dying and then having to RMA to the US can be a pain. Its simply a lost investment. Hard drives die too easily these days.... no point buying them from abroad.

First of all thanks for the great response :thanx: .. But i am seriously sorry!! :sorry: Exactly 5 mins after me posting.....i met my cousin online.... and he was supposed to be coming to India during the 2nd week of March....
Due to unfortunate turn of events / circumstances his vist has been postponed to May :argue:........that :cens2:.

My plans have been totally wrecked, broken, torn, spit upon.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I thank all of you for your valuable suggestion esp Raghu, and Kido for his offer... sadly things did not work out the way i wanted them to.... :(

June i'll surely buy(i hope), dont hit me its true....

zhopudey said:
Ask him to postpone for another month. Then you can go for Socket AM2 :eek:hyeah:

Socket AM-2 is comin out only in june, thats more like 3 months, and add a another month for prices to stabilize, especially the motherboards.

Back