Calling all Xperia PRO and Neo users

sumatrix

Skilled
Hi

I recently bought a Xperia Pro for my GF recently.Searched for a thread for the same and

didn't find it so started one. I used the phone for some time and really loved it every moment.

I have mentioned some of the points about the phone below:

- The phone is quite fast enough.

- Has a good display and the pics look gorgeous with the bravia engine acting up.

- Well laid out and extremely rugged keyboard though you might sometimes find the sliding

mechanism clunky.

- Polished UI (found it better than Samsung's).

- Good audio quality.

- But low device memory.

- Bit on the heavier side

So this thread is to call all the Xperia PRO and Neo users to write up their experiences and

also to share the applications they use day to day.

Between i myself use a Samsung Galaxy S2.

my bro uses the Neo V and had been bliss while using the GB.
the ICS(4.0.3)update was a curse in disguise and not a day since he gives me the creepy looks for the slow lagging ICS and occasional hangs.
did hear the 4.0.4 update is coming and so awaiting it.

otherwise the phone works well including the panoramic picture taking and UI.

am currently running official 4.0.4 on my Neo V. Hate to say that even Angry Bird Rio lags while playing plus sometimes the screen does not recognize touch inputs at all which forced me to reboot the phone. The phone does not feel zippy anymore as it did with GB. However, the animation effects look cooler and options to disable some apps is a good option. The deveolper option gives various options which I am still trying out to make the phone faster for ex animation scale etc...

upgraded the Neo V to 4.0.4 and the performance got a bump up.smoother sliding and almost no hangs.
one bug noticed is the change of live wallpaper to default.
rest is just fabulous and that inlcudes slightly better battery backup than before.

@sumatrix, am not saying 'better to keep off from ICS' but for my neo v, I totally miss the snappy GB as i have a laggy experience with ICS on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back