CPU/Mobo Calling Asus p8p67 pro owners

stormblast

Skilled
I need to disable usb on this board which i am unable to do.

When i am disabling usb 2&3 in the bios (onboard devices menu) it still is working in windows. All usb devices are getting detected. using bios version 1502.

If possible can anyone with this board check if usb is getting disabled for them. please mention the bios you are using.

details about rig

Intel 2600k

Asus p8p67 pro (bios = 1502)

corsair 4gb x 4

windows xp x64
thanks

Rahul, sincere apologies. Rishi called me as well yesterday night but I crashed at around 11:30 after a long session with Bulletstorm and completely forgot about this. :ashamed:

Will definitely do this and post back as soon as I reach home.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

UPDATE: It does work when the legacy USB support and legacy USB 3.0 support is disabled. :(

What a bummer! They need to release a BIOS update to fix this. i can understand why you need this option disabled.

^^ that is so stupid of asus to keep an option like this in the bios which doesnt even work. it would be so much better if they just dint keep this option in which case i wouldnt have bought the board.

anyways i guess nothing can be done, time to change the board and stick to gigabyte as always. what a waste.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is there any hardware usb lock available here??

ok just posting an update.

I decided not to change the board and get in touch with asus, they have been fantastic and very quick to respond.

On explaining them my problem and what i needed i was provided a special bios from asus within 2 days which is working properly and fixed my problem.

good to see strong support provided by asus :)

Back