Android Calls not connecting in 2nd Sim

Hi,

Someone at home is using the Samsung Note 10 Lite phone with 2 jio sims. Both of them show signals and receive calls but most of the times if someone is calling on the second sim it says that number is switched off. When it works and say one is on a call via 2nd sim then if someone calls on sim 1 then instead of waiting it will tell the sim 1 caller that this sim 1 is switched off. Also if the call on the 2nd sim connects then the mobile internet/hotspot is automatically turned off which was connected using sim 1.

Went to sim card manager>> more sim card settings>> smart dual sim

After toggling it to on, this error is shown

If we click on select sim card then it shows these options

Wi-Fi calling is on

If we go to supplementary settings

It gives this error straight away

The option to turn on call waiting is greyed out for the second sim. No call forwarding is done on either of the sims. Why is the call waiting option greyed out?

Software version

- What we want is for both sim's to receive calls and the internet/hotspot to stay on even if the other sim is receiving the call. I don't know if the hardware supports it or not. If it is a hardware limitation, then do the newer models support this?

- If one is on call on say sim 1 or 2 and someone calls on the other sim then instead of saying that sim is switched off the call should come in call waiting.

The same issue happens sometimes in the M21 also, i.e. call/message on 2nd sim is not received sometimes all it says is that the number is switched off. The only way out is to switch off the sim number 1. I have not checked the settings in that phone. Will do and get back.

Thanks
@CapriAnupam @Kaleen Bhaiya @Emperor @TEUser2K1 @sandeepsachin @seshu @nick.knack91011 @Rezep
Some tag Tejas. Not able to find him.

Last edited:
This might help.
It’s for galaxy s10, but should be similar enough for note 10 lite. See the limitations section.

TLDR- In dual standby device, when one sim is active(call/volte/data), other sim is turned off. Both sim share same modem.

No idea about the issue, as I have never used dual SIMs on my phone. But it could be what @vishalrao says.

Regarding the mobile internet turning off, it happens on my phone. I have Idea SIM, and when a call comes, the mobile internet is turned off and comes back on after the call ends. No issue with wifi.

Samsung Note 10 Lite does have Dual VoLTE.
There may be an option in the settings to enable Dual VoLTE.
Share the ss of the VoLTE settings of both SIMs.

This might help.
It’s for galaxy s10, but should be similar enough for note 10 lite. See the limitations section.

TLDR- In dual standby device, when one sim is active(call/volte/data), other sim is turned off. Both sim share same modem.

Thanks for the links bro. That was a good read. In the Note 10 lite, when I toggle smart dual sim on it gives me this error

So, unfortunately I can't move in to the next point. Any way around? Will check in the M21 and will get back.

Both phones are dual standby as per the links that you have shared. One more thing Jio uses 4g/volte only, there is no 3g. Can this be a reason that calls sometimes go to sim 2 and sometimes not?
Probably your mobile is not DSDV or dual sim dual volte capability.... my old nokia 6.0 had this limitation too.
Even if we consider this, dual sim should turn on. Plus calls sometimes go through and sometimes not. Check my last reply to D C.
Samsung Note 10 Lite does have Dual VoLTE.
There may be an option in the settings to enable Dual VoLTE.
Share the ss of the VoLTE settings of both SIMs.
Where is the option to enable dual volte?
It is giving an error while enabling smart dual sim. Check the post above.
Thanks for the links bro. That was a good read. In the Note 10 lite, when I toggle smart dual sim on it gives me this error

So, unfortunately I can't move in to the next point. Any way around? Will check in the M21 and will get back.

Both phones are dual standby as per the links that you have shared. One more thing Jio uses 4g/volte only, there is no 3g. Can this be a reason that calls sometimes go to sim 2 and sometimes not?

Even if we consider this, dual sim should turn on. Plus calls sometimes go through and sometimes not. Check my last reply to D C.

Where is the option to enable dual volte?
It is giving an error while enabling smart dual sim. Check the post above.
@D C

Just checked the settings in the M21. After this screen

It just says to enter both sim numbers, which are already entered and after clicking ok it redirects to this screen

There is no option to toggle the smart dual sim on or off.

In supplementary services page, call waiting is active for both sims. It is not greyed out for the 2nd sim like in the Note 10 Lite. So, I "guess" the smart dual sim is already active in the M21.

Are there any official Samsung forums, where some Samsung employs/mods hang out? xda has gone down the drain, unfortunately.

Last edited:
@D C
Any help brother?
Hey
Really sorry, but I don’t have any experience with dual sim. Maybe other Samsung users might be able to help.
One suggestion I would make is try replacing the SIM cards, maybe a sim issue? (Had to replace sim when 4g launched, not sure if volte etc has same requirements)

Hey
Really sorry, but I don’t have any experience with dual sim. Maybe other Samsung users might be able to help.
One suggestion I would make is try replacing the SIM cards, maybe a sim issue? (Had to replace sim when 4g launched, not sure if volte etc has same requirements)
Both are jio sim's, how will changing slots matter? Will try and get back to you.
@CapriAnupam @Kaleen Bhaiya @Emperor @TEUser2K1 @sandeepsachin @seshu @nick.knack91011 @Rezep @D C

Facing a major issue. Turned off sim 2. Forwarded all calls from Sim 1 to Sim 2. Didn't switch off the phone because I wanted to use the device as a mobile hotspot from sim 1. Earlier too it was used as a mobile hotspot but the internet used to stop working in the phone and in the connected devices all of a sudden. It used to rectify itself within a minute or so and happened like 2-4 times a day. Kept on ignoring it. For a quick fix the phone needed a restart or switching to airplane mode and back (though this didn't use to work all the times). It was a sim/network/phone issue probably, never really bothered about it. Now after the call forwarding was turned off, it doesn't matter whether the sim 2 is turned on or off, this "disconnection" is happening like 2-4 times in every half an hour. It fixes itself in about a minute. Restart/Airplane mode also fixes it.

If we do not use the hotspot then it happens once or twice in an hour and fixes itself in 30-40 seconds. Tried resetting the network settings but it didn't help. Why is this happening?

Are there any official Samsung forums?

Last edited:
Sorry mate, I really have no idea about Samsung phones as I have never owned one personally. Your best bet would be to visit Samsung centre and ask for resolution.

Are there any official Samsung forums?

https://forum.developer.samsung.com/

PS: if I were you, I do FACTORY RESET and cehck if issue still persist

https://forum.developer.samsung.com/

PS: if I were you, I do FACTORY RESET and cehck if issue still persist
It will take a lot of time to set up all the things, so that is the last resort.

just update... I tried to call my cousin who have M21 (2021) and found that if he is busy with SAY SIM 1 then, the person who call him on 2nd sim get auto reply that the person at receiver end is out of network area and if other person call him on SIM 1 then, caller get voice message that the "Person you call are busy ...."

So it means M21 is dual- sim, dual-standby. This was when dual sim phones launched during initial days.
just update... M21 (2021) have Smart Dual Sim (Receive calls from both SIM Cards) setting under Call Settings.. but he didn't get it activated,as due to some reason it keep OFF as soon as he set ON :oops:

I might have messed it up. I recall that the second sim would read out of coverage or something like that on my Samsung Guru feature phone brought in 2008-2009.
Sorry for the confusion. Don't even recall what it was called back them..

Back