Camelion recharges --

pEtRa

Disciple
Hi:

Just bought Camelion battery recharges along with Ni-MH batteries. So, out of the box, how many hours should i recharge the batteries ?, and once used, how many hours then on to recharge them ?

Thanx.

it takes about 16-18 hrs for the battery to be charged completely, and will take pretty much the same time every time you recharge em, if its a quick charger than it'll take about 4 hrs

Depends on the capacity. The batteries need about 10 hours for every 1800 mAH of battery capacity (this is usually mentioned on the charger), so do the math. The OOB charge and the recharge are identical in duration.

Depends entirely on the charger and the battery capacity. Check the manuals if any.

Take care of one thing. If ur charger is a cheap one, usually it will be a timer based one. In that case make sure that you charge the batteries only when they are fully 100% discharged. Otherwise you may end up frying them if they get overcharged.

PaulBarber said:
Depends entirely on the charger and the battery capacity. Check the manuals if any.

Take care of one thing. If ur charger is a cheap one, usually it will be a timer based one. In that case make sure that you charge the batteries only when they are fully 100% discharged. Otherwise you may end up frying them if they get overcharged.

That is completely untrue. The cheaper chargers work on a CCCV principle where they charge cells at a constant current until a certain terminal voltage is reached. After that the current tapers off. So the chances of frying your batteries are nil regardless of the starting state. They are slow though.

Emil said:
That is completely untrue. The cheaper chargers work on a CCCV principle where they charge cells at a constant current until a certain terminal voltage is reached. After that the current tapers off. So the chances of frying your batteries are nil regardless of the starting state. They are slow though.

Are you sure? Coz I know for sure that I've fried 2 NiMH batteries with my cheap eveready NiMH charger. Batteries overheated so much that it was difficult to touch them. After that they are not holding much charge any more.

And it is a fast charger. Charges 2100 mAH cells in 6 hours.

^ No idea about the specific charger you are talking about.

I was referring to cheap chargers as in constant current/constant voltage type.

Even cheaper than that would be chargers with absolutely no control with just a step down and some rectification. I haven't actually seen any of that kind in recent times. Those are really bad and can fry the battery at one extreme or fail to charge at the other depending on your line voltage.

A normal CCCV charger would take 14 hours or more for charging.

But all fast chargers are intelligent and a 6 hour charger should be having some basic intelligence. So if your charger is indeed a 6 hour charger, it is likely that it has gone bust.

Back