Camera camera advice!

aslugani

Disciple
ince I will be going to college in a few months! I wanna know which camera to buy.. I have a zeel for photography, I currently own a point n shoot camera (Sony T300).. I am not at all happy with its picture quality and lack of manual features.. !

I liked the SX1/10/20.. They cost around 25kish... Would it be wise to buy a DSLR instead?

Help me out here please guys!

PS: is CMOS sensor technology better or CCD?

Firstly, dont get into the issue of CCD vs CMOS...

it makes no sense.. just arguments..

Secondly, no one other than U can decide whether to go for DSLR or Superzoom..

its you zeel to photogy (and not zeel to gear) which decide what to get...

DSLR is not toy, and not at all easy to use...

also, buying a DSLR wont finish the things... You need good lenses too...

So, getting 25K and buying DSLR wont be enough...

Whereas, getting superzoom demands no extra things...

____

Do take the decision smartly.. I had seen few people selling their DSLR, coz they later realized that they are not so crazy about photogy hence cannot handle DSLR.. thus shifted to superzooms...

All the Best..

ashvarybabul said:
Firstly, dont get into the issue of CCD vs CMOS...
it makes no sense.. just arguments..

Secondly, no one other than U can decide whether to go for DSLR or Superzoom..
its you zeel to photogy (and not zeel to gear) which decide what to get...

DSLR is not toy, and not at all easy to use...
also, buying a DSLR wont finish the things... You need good lenses too...
So, getting 25K and buying DSLR wont be enough...

Whereas, getting superzoom demands no extra things...

____

Do take the decision smartly.. I had seen few people selling their DSLR, coz they later realized that they are not so crazy about photogy hence cannot handle DSLR.. thus shifted to superzooms...

All the Best..
Thanks for the reply mate! I get your point.. I think I'll go for the superzoom one only because I am still a noob at photography and I should start at the begineers level.!

Now could you please help me which superzoom to buy and the one which is a bit portable too..
I found these:

SX1 IS
SX10 IS
SX200IS

The SX1 IS
has:
1. BAD battery Life
2. HD RECORDING (how important is it?)
3. CMOS Sensor
4. Fast rate of continous shooting (around 3-4 fps) (how important is it?)
5. Costlier
6. Remote control ... (how important is it?)
while SX10 IS
1. Cheaper
2. Good battery life
3. NO HD
4. no RAW format (How important is it?)
and I dont find much difference in sx20 IS or sx10 IS?

Which one should i go for?

harryneopotter said:
Go for Panasonic FZ35, search this forum for it and you will fine many satisfied users here only.

It has lithium ion battery pack! i hate the battery packs!

what's wrong with the canons i suggested?

aslugani said:
It has lithium ion battery pack! i hate the battery packs!

what's wrong with the canons i suggested?

It is really tempting though! Ill check it out..
How's the customer support/service centre services in india for panasonic(compared to canon)?

^^ Any specific reason for "hating" those battery packs? 'Coz in my opinion, they last long enough for you to come back into civilization where you recharge them. The battery of my FZ8 easily lasts at least 250 shots.
Granted, the AA batteries are easily available everywhere, but you will be disappointed with the number of shots you can take with those disposable ones. I would rather invest in an additional Li-ion battery and be happy.

logistopath said:
^^ Any specific reason for "hating" those battery packs? 'Coz in my opinion, they last long enough for you to come back into civilization where you recharge them. The battery of my FZ8 easily lasts at least 250 shots.

Granted, the AA batteries are easily available everywhere, but you will be disappointed with the number of shots you can take with those disposable ones. I would rather invest in an additional Li-ion battery and be happy.

Yeah.. I get your point about the battery packs, The thing is that I currently own a DSC t300 and it barely takes 100 shots after a full charge, and when i first bought it 6 months back it used to give me 200+ shots on the same settings.! So the battery has died off...

That is why I am against buying battery packs.!

btw any idea how much does a new battery pack cost for this cam?

Apart from the battery packs.! how are the two camera's ->(lumix vs powershot)?

well after reading the reviews on camera labs of both these cameras! THe lumix seems like a better choice! only with one down side that is the battery pack and the non inverting lens hood! (pain in the arse to carry it around separately)

aslugani said:
Yeah.. I get your point about the battery packs, The thing is that I currently own a DSC t300 and it barely takes 100 shots after a full charge, and when i first bought it 6 months back it used to give me 200+ shots on the same settings.! So the battery has died off...

That is why I am against buying battery packs.!
btw any idea how much does a new battery pack cost for this cam?
Apart from the battery packs.! how are the two camera's ->(lumix vs powershot)?

well after reading the reviews on camera labs of both these cameras! THe lumix seems like a better choice! only with one down side that is the battery pack and the non inverting lens hood! (pain in the arse to carry it around separately)

Enquired at Karol bagh! None of the canons or panasonics are available! damm!

Where do I get these cams from?

Back