Camera for regular Day to Day/ Travel/Random Photography and Videos .

dilpreet

Disciple
Looking to buy a camera for day to day/ Travel/Random Photography in Bangalore.
As of now not going to go into wildlife/nature photography much.
Budget decided is 1-1.2.(Including lens)
I am ok with buying 1 lens first and gradually graduate to another. OR maybe buy just 1 lens which serves purpose of a Zoom Lens as well.
Since i am a beginner not sure what all features should be must/required
Please suggest something for my use case.
Based upon my limited and noob research i have so far liked Nikon Z 50 ,Sony Alpha 6400, Canon M6.
But again that's just a random search.
If possible please do mention any recommended places to buy this as well. Helps me to cut down on the effort :)

For buying, I would suggest Foto Circle near Anand rao circle. This was a goto place about a decade ago. Prices were competitive and sometimes less than online prices. However, the owner dealt only on cash.

For cameras. Try the Sony RX100 M7. It’s tiny form factor makes it a perfect companion for frequent travel and street photography.

For buying, I would suggest Foto Circle near Anand rao circle. This was a goto place about a decade ago. Prices were competitive and sometimes less than online prices. However, the owner dealt only on cash.

For cameras. Try the Sony RX100 M7. It’s tiny form factor makes it a perfect companion for frequent travel and street photography.
Appreciate the Response .I will definitely check this place.
I checked the Sony RX100M7 . Although its compact powerhouse but then it might not be as future proof as the typical Mirrorless cameras.
Plus the availability of Sony Cameras is a challenge. I have checked at least 5 shops and all have the same excuse" Sir there is no stock for Sony and we are not sure when they will be back.
The only camera which is available from Sony over the counter is costing 2 Lakhs INR.
All in All Sony is a distant dream and its better i go for some other brand whose availability is not a problem.

I bought RX100 up due to the similar requirements I had back in 2010. A DSLR with 3 lenses and found myself using it lesser due to bulk and frequent lens changes. After using it for 8-9yrs, gave up and picked up something compact. When you indicate travel, be mindful of the bulk you'll have to carry WRT cameras.

Back