Camera Camera problem - Sony DSC H20

-=CyANid3=-

Disciple
Hello

I've weird issue with my Sony DSC H20 camera. My camera's display isn't working. I mean, when I start the camera and try to click pics, it shows pink background on screen. Previous images that were taken are visible properly.

The issue was caused overnight, the camera wasn't dropped off, didn't get contact with water at all :(

The camera is 3 yrs old, I've handled the camera quite properly. Since purchase there was not a single issue with it :(

Gave the camera to Sony center, they said the board is gone. It will be repaired for Rs 11000.

I just wanted to know, how can the board get corrupt without dropping the camera ? Should I give to other camera repair shops to check if they can do anything ? :(

For how much it cost you when you bought for first time? And I don't think giving 11K is good bet for its repairing as you can easily buy Canon Powershot SX150 which has better specs than this camera and costs 8.7K at infibeam.com. I will suggest you to show this camera to other reputed camera service repairing shop. Reparing cost will be much less I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw. tell me your location? Will search some reputed camera service store. :)

I had purchased it for 19k . I'm from Mumbai (Chembur).

Thank you for replying :)

I'm curious to know the reason why camera's board suddenly got corrupted, no more sony digi cams for me :|

I showed the camera in of the repair shops, they told me that flash / CCD something is not working, and the zoom in-out button is malfunctioned. They told that it can be repaired for 2K, but no warranty.

Should I repair the camera or purchase a new one ? Is the price they are quoting proper?

I showed the camera in of the repair shops, they told me that flash / CCD something is not working, and the zoom in-out button is malfunctioned. They told that it can be repaired for 2K, but no warranty.

Should I repair the camera or purchase a new one ? Is the price they are quoting proper?

Which shop is it? If the shop/repairing center is reputed then you can give a try because new camera costs a lot. Yes the quoted price is reasonable.

Daddy's friend work in a press, they give their digicams for repair in a regular shop. That shop checked the camera (I don't know the name yet)

Btw can I exchange the camera once its working? Does sony have any exchange scheme ?

Back