Can an ipad 2 wifi only version use internet other than wi-fi?

mgdelhi said:
No.

The iPad is not a phone. You can, however, make phone calls via one of the IP phone services such as Skype as long as you have an Internet connection from the iPad. You can do that with E585 also.

Again asking for knowledge sake via other tablets like nook or tab.I know via note you can.

You can use the Samsung Galaxy Tab wifi + 3G to make calls from what i know.

At least with the first galaxy tab 7" 3G, it was possible. Not sure about newer models.

raksrules said:
You can use the Samsung Galaxy Tab wifi + 3G to make calls from what i know.

At least with the first galaxy tab 7" 3G, it was possible. Not sure about newer models.

And having used the Galaxy Tab 7", it was utter crap, or maybe the testing area had a poor Vodafone signal, but when i used it, lots of static.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mgdelhi said:
AFAIK, this is locked to Tata Docomo GSM and they don't have 3G service in all circles.
Will work with both Photon and Docomo 3G.

MAGNeT said:
Just saw the mobile router.

Huawei E585 MiFi

COst 6.5k brand new.

Suppose i get a 32 giga ipad 2 wifi (of-coursed used)for same 25k and 7k for this device ;32k total.

Will that be a good buy or should i go for wifi+3g model(but than again i have to make it microsim and i cant use the sim except surfing than i guess i wont be able to make calls via it this way?)

right?

It all depends on where you plan to use the device. House most of time, get the router. Max out of house, 3G model. You will need ot balance between your needs. IMO, get the wifi version with huawei router.

MAGNeT said:
Again asking for knowledge sake via other tablets like nook or tab.I know via note you can.

Yeah, but this is Apple we are talking about. :facepalm:

Metalspree said:
Save up money get a 3G version for total peace of mind. I got wifi version ipad2 initially it was a brick out of the house. 3G teethering works but most of the apps $uck out the battery.

+1 I was in this dilemma as well, eventually got the 3g+wifi model.

I tested out the wifi hotspot on the Nokia E71 for my iPod touch 4G apart from battery issues I also had a toaster in my pocket.
IMO hot spot thingy is fine for emergencies but seeing what you are going to use the iPad for, I suggest save up and get the 3g+wifi model.

just get the ipad 2 3g and wifi. any other money you would invest in a portable router will itself even it out in the long run and not to mention having to carry the router with you all the time.i had bought a ipad 1 wifi and boy was it frustrting not having 3g.so now i just invested a bit more in the ipad 2 16 gig wifi and 3g;defo worth it.

Back