Can I buy from UK ebay through my Indian Paypal account

kaps2010

Disciple
I have never used paypal till now so I don't know how it works.

I wanted to know if I can buy from UK ebay and ship it to my friend house in UK through my Indian Paypal account.

I have read it somewhere that in UK ebay the seller's ships the items only to the paypal account address and not to any other address is that true.

My Indian paypal account is linked with my Indian credit card so if I make any transaction in Paypal, I will be charged by the credit card company and not by Paypal is that right.

And does paypal charge for transaction.

And lastly do I have to link my bank details to paypal for transaction or credit card details is sufficient.

This is a noob question but it would be helpful if some one could answer my doubt.

yes you can buy

if the seller has specifically mentioned that he will ship to confirmed paypal address

then its a problem

check listing if the payment option is paypal and nothing mentioned then you can pay

paypal doesnt charge anything

i am not sure who will charge you paypal or credit card

but i think paypal and their conversion rates are competitive to many credit cards in India

credit card is enough for all payments through paypal

just change the address where you want it shipped

I am planning a mobile phone or digi camera from UK.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kuduku said:
yes you can buy

if the seller has specifically mentioned that he will ship to confirmed paypal address

then its a problem

check listing if the payment option is paypal and nothing mentioned then you can pay

paypal doesnt charge anything

i am not sure who will charge you paypal or credit card

but i think paypal and their conversion rates are competitive to many credit cards in India

credit card is enough for all payments through paypal

just change the address where you want it shipped

So lets say I buy a 200 pound camera then Paypal will not charge me anything and the credit card company will charge me 200 x76(conversion rate)= 15200 rs and this money has to be paid to my credit card company, I am right on this.

Some CC companies have some service charges on international transactions like ICICI charges 3.5% or something..So better check with ur bank

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

yes paypal will take money from your credit card

you have to pay to your credit card company only

charges would come in your credit card statement

Paypal conversion rates are better than ICICI , AXIS , SBI conversion rates

kuduku said:
yes paypal will take money from your credit card

you have to pay to your credit card company only

charges would come in your credit card statement

Paypal conversion rates are better than ICICI , AXIS , SBI conversion rates
Thanks for that. :)

Back