Can i buy the Nokia Lumia 710 ..?

seenuguddu

Disciple
Hi All,

i am planning to buy the mobile, this Month end and need a help in this.

planning to opt this Nokia Lumia 710 before buying this i need suggestions from your end

Can i buy the Nokia Lumia 710..? or any other suggestions

My budget is 15k - 20 k

My requirement is

Camera - 5 MP- 8MP with Autofocus

Size - 3.7 - 4.00 with large screen

Good Music Capabilities and performance in CPU as well

Gaming – usage is very less

Thanks in Advance

Yup, Windows phone 7 is definitely refreshing. Its butter smooth.. But it has some serious limitations which may be good for some and con for others. So carefully consider them before buying. I am listing them here for your reference.

1. WP7 doesn't support Bluetooth file transfer. So if you are of the kind who receive lots of files from your friend, this will be a serious limitation.

2. WP7 doesn't support USB mass storage. Means, you will need Zune software to transfer everything to your phone. If you want to connect your phone to a PC, you need to install Zune in that PC. So if you are that kind of person, who connects your phone to friends comp and takes files, you will have to install Zune in every PC.

3. Zune supports very very limited kind of Formats. Currently only these files are recognized by zune.

Music - .mp3 .m4a .wma

Video - .mp4 .wmv

Photos - .jpeg

So, you cannot sideload any other file to your phone. No, not even .doc, .pdf files. Also, if the video file is in .avi .mkv .vob or any other format, Zune will convert it into .mp4 while uploading. So it may take much more time if you are a videophile.

4. There is one workaround to store files in your phone. You can upload into your mail and from phone You can download them and check .pdf .doc etc. But this will require a good internet connection on your phone or wifi network.

5. Main features of WP7 are live tiles, tight integration with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. All the major features which differentiate it from android need good internet connection.

So see if you can live with these limitations. If so, WP7 will be great for you. And I suggest you to buy Omnia W instead of Lumia 710. Omnia W has better screen and Lumia 710's music is horrible according to GSMArena which does scientific tests and always gives great reviews of phones. Check audio quality section in the below link.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_710-review-708p5.php

Hi All,

i am planning to buy the mobile, this Month end and need a help in this.

planning to opt this Nokia Lumia 710 before buying this i need suggestions from your end

Can i buy the Nokia Lumia 710..? or any other suggestions

My budget is 15k - 20 k

My requirement is

Camera - 5 MP- 8MP with Autofocus

Size - 3.7 - 4.00 with large screen

Good Music Capabilities and performance in CPU as well

Gaming – usage is very less

Thanks in Advance

For the price of 20k or less only thing i'd recommend is:

In Android: HTC Desire S for 20,500/- (with bill & warranty) or Sony Ericcson Xperia Arc S for within 18,000/- w/o bill and warranty

In Windows: Samsung Omnia W for 17-18,000/- or HTC Radar around same price as Omnia W

Still wont suggest Windows phone.. plus NOT AT ALL Nokia Lumia, its more of a Nokia Chu*ia (Chumia, lol, what did you think?) 710...

@b00gieman

why are you suggesting Arc S and D:S for everything? D:S is dead now. it's outdated and devices with similar specs now cost around 17k (neo V, O:B, Defy+ etc) and why are you suggesting Arc S w/o bill and warranty. For these smartphones with complex firmware/OS, warranty is essential. And btw, the thread is 2 months old.

710 price drop brings it to ~15k ! The interface is slick, to say the least ! But as mentioned above, you need a good net connection to make it really shine.

Other limitations are already covered, the deal breakers IMO: no memory expansion & Zune-everything.

i would definitely point you towards Nokia 710. its screen is brilliant! the only drawback is the absence of the front facing camera which is there in Samsung Omnia. However, i would also, point you towards HTC Mozart which had Windows OS, 8 megapixel camera with Xenon flash!!

At 15K Lumia 710

At 20K Galaxy R or O2x - Enuogh said!!
<

Brothers,

Just one question, wanted to buy Nokia Lumia 710 for my gf. Now, i go to the store looked @ the model. Its good, Great UI etc. However, she did not like it because she did not find any way to "customize" the theme etc. Is it even possible to have themes like in say Andy/Iphony? Replies are much appreciated!

BTW, she absolutely loved Sony Neo!

Brothers, Just one question, wanted to buy Nokia Lumia 710 for my gf. Now, i go to the store looked @ the model. Its good, Great UI etc. However, she did not like it because she did not find any way to "customize" the theme etc. Is it even possible to have themes like in say Andy/Iphony? Replies are much appreciated! BTW, she absolutely loved Sony Neo!

nope. apart from changing wallpaper, moving tiles around, not much customization. My suggestion is to get her Omnia W or Neo V. btw, check SE Xperia Pro which is now available for some 19k and is terrific VFM with it full qwrty slide keypad.

Nokia Lumia 710 is a great phone with amazing features such as 5MP camera, LED flash, 3.7 inch display, multi-format supported music player, 1.4 GHZ processor - all your requirement getting fulfilled. The phone has goo social features. This is a worth buying device for price around Rs 15, 400 available at most of the online mobile stores

Back