Graphic Cards Can i fit a hd7850 on asus p8b75 mle

vikundefined

Disciple
Hi guys, i want to know that can i fit a hd 7850 on asus p8b75 mle, because i think the card will touch the ram and audio ports on the rear i/o.Also i want to know which one is the pcie 3.0 slot(there is 2 pcie slots one is blue and other is black).Thanx
I have cooler master 431 elite if that helps.

@vikundefined the blue PCIe slot is the PCIe 3.0 connector, the black one most probably the PCIex 4.0 slot. I can be wrong. Why don't you check the motherboards manual it is easier.

You can fit it and yes it will mean that you will not be able to add / remove RAM modules with the graphics card in the top PCIe (blue) slot. I do not think it should disturb the rear I / O audio connectors, the HD7850's connectors will be right below it.

Yes and you will not be able to use one of the PCI slots directly below the PCIe (blue) slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard manual does not mention which one is the pcie 3.0 slot.It just say that the motherboard has one x16 and x4 pcie slot.
No i dont want to use the pci slot i just need to know that a hd 7850 will fit or not because i am thinking of buying it.thanx

Motherboard manual does not mention which one is the pcie 3.0 slot.It just say that the motherboard has one x16 and x4 pcie slot.
No i dont want to use the pci slot i just need to know that a hd 7850 will fit or not because i am thinking of buying it.thanx

Whichever is the PCIe x16.0 slot irrespective of the fact whether it is the PCIe 2.0 OR 3.0 you should put your graphic card in that, end of story. None of the current generation cards show any improvements in game performance when placed on a PCIe 3.0 slot [maximum deviation of ~1 -->5 fps], though compute performance goes up with the added bandwidth.

The HD7850 will fit on your motherboard. What is the length of the card as that is more important whether it fits in the cabinet OR not.

Asus site says that my motherboard has
Pcie 3.0/2.0 x16
Pcie 2.0 x16(x4 mode)
What does that mean...?

Dimensions in inch (dimensions in mm) 10.2 x 4.5 x 1.7 (259.08 x 114.3 x 43.18)

Pcie 3.0/2.0 x16
Pcie 2.0 x16(x4 mode)

That means that the secondary PCIex 16.0 (by physical size) is running at PCIex 4.0 bandwidth.

So whichever slot according to the manual is running at ~PCIex 16.0 bandwidth is the one your graphics card should go on.

In most cases, the pciE slot nearest to the CPU is the one that runs at full x16 speeds. And it decreases with each slot as we move further away from the first one. This should also be listed in the manual that came with the motherboard. If you have lost the manual, google is your friend. Otherwise, the digital version of your mobo manual can be found in the support>downloads section on ASUS website.

And, yeah, I have the same cabinet and the card. It fits nicely... Happy gaming... :)

In most cases, the pciE slot nearest to the CPU is the one that runs at full x16 speeds. And it decreases with each slot as we move further away from the first one. This should also be listed in the manual that came with the motherboard. If you have lost the manual, google is your friend. Otherwise, the digital version of your mobo manual can be found in the support>downloads section on ASUS website.

Funny thing about ASUS is in their higher end 890GX / 890FX motherboard offerings was that they had a daughter card bundled with them to disable the first PCIe slot and a solitary graphics card had to sit on PCIe slot no.2.

This caused a lot of confusion to me initially, so that is why I pointed out the manual route.

And, yeah, I have the same cabinet and the card. It fits nicely... Happy gaming... :)

Thanx for replying

Back