Can i get the Archos 605 in India?

Wraith

Skilled
I am looking for a pmp...my first choice was the sony psp but my bro suggested the archos 605.

I need the pmp mainly for video and the added wifi is a definately a big plus but afaik the archos isnt available directly in India.

My bro can get it from UK where it costs abt 120 pounds but he is coming back in March and i dont want to wait that long :p

So i was wondering if the Archos will be available anywhere in India???

Also will i be able to use msn n gtalk on archos? or which pmp will give a better exp while using the net?

too many questions but i need to decide soon :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

i got my archos 605 from newegg via katmandude.

took him about a week plus to get it into india and delivered to me.

i can't comment on the net surfing and msn stuff though. i use my archos 605 strictly as a PMP, and it definitely rocks for that!

btw, mine is the 4Gb flash version, and i added a 8Gb SDHC card for additional storage capacity.

burnz said:
i got my archos 605 from newegg via katmandude.
took him about a week plus to get it into india and delivered to me.

i can't comment on the net surfing and msn stuff though. i use my archos 605 strictly as a PMP, and it definitely rocks for that!

btw, mine is the 4Gb flash version, and i added a 8Gb SDHC card for additional storage capacity.

can u please tell me how much did u pay for ur 605 4bg model? nad can u also provide us the link to buy the product.

Why don't u search for the best prices on newegg/ amazon and ask kmd for a quote?

Btw, the archos 605 sux unless u get the dock with it. Without the dock, USB charging takes 8 hrs for a full charge. I got myself a external battery dock for 2k + frm kmd. The 605 I bought it off burnz :)

I was talking to a friend in US and he had been using an Archos for a while, was looking to upgrade to 605 I think.
He told me that you need to buy and install apps separately. Like the browser alone comes for $30 or so. I guess others here can confirm.

^^That's right. U have to buy plugins separately online for MPEG and browser support. vob, mpeg1, mpeg2, ac3 audio etc. playback is possible only with the MPEG plugin. No probs if ur files are mostly xvid/ divx with MP3 audio, wmv, wma. Also doesn't play WMV 8.

Back