PC Peripherals Can i play all the current games on this $1500 notebook ????

ANP !!!

Skilled
My Aunty is coming from US next month (13th june) n i asked him if she can bring some computer hardware, she agreed to bring the GPU, CPU, RAM, CPU cooler n the wireless router(all in the sig). But now ask to my self do i really need that much of power, considering i currenty own a FX5200 128MB :ashamed: anything over evern 6600 would be great for me.
I have my eyes on this notebook Its a Asus A8Jm-H009H(why do they keep such names :rofl: ) The features are:
CPU Type Intel Core Duo T2400(1.83GHz)
Screen 14" WXGA
Memory Size 1GB DDR2
Hard Disk 100GB 5400rpm
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi (8X DVD-RW DL)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Video Memory 512MB
Communication Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN
Card slot 1 x Express Card
Dimensions 13.2" x 9.7" x 1.37" - 1.46"
Weight 5.25 lbs.
Tech Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology
Other Features Touch Pad Lock
Screen Size 14"
Wide Screen Support Yes
LCD Features Color Shine(glare-type) LCD
Display Type Wide XGA
Resolution 1280 × 800
GPU/VPU NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600
Video Memory Dedicated 512MB
Graphic Type Dedicated Card
click here for more details
It has a damn cool design(only 1.46" thick) n features a 512mb dedicated to its 7600.
I just wanted to ask that will i be able to play the latest games on this at any settings(except low), i still like older games so it wont be anyprob. So suggest me on this. Thank you. I will cancel my upgrade plan(in the sig) if i get this notebook
Thankyou again.....

[Edit] I will also be getting a extra gig of RAM when my uncle come to India this Nov so that make a total of 2gb ram.

i think with that 7600 go gpu u will run games at pretty decent settings.

mostly of the order of 6600gt

but since it is ddr2 ram it is sharing i am not completely sure.

if 512 mb ram is shared then u may be able to play at pretty high resolutions which is not that useful since the display is limited to 1280. and 14 ".

ao judge wisely

Well... Are you looking for a desktop replacement cuase there are some amazig deals by dell... With 17" monitor and a 7800 GPU inside and is just under $1400 including taxes :)...

felicis_1985 said:
i think with that 7600 go gpu u will run games at pretty decent settings.

mostly of the order of 6600gt

but since it is ddr2 ram it is sharing i am not completely sure.

if 512 mb ram is shared then u may be able to play at pretty high resolutions which is not that useful since the display is limited to 1280. and 14 ".

ao judge wisely

Its not shared its dedicated. I got this from newegg.com
GPU/VPU : NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600
Video Memory : Dedicated 512MB
Graphic Type : Dedicated Card

Switch can u post the link or at least the model no. I was unable to find one.

see the rig i have posted in the thread where darky has asked. its way better than this & costs like 1265$ & will be about 1340 with tax & shipping.

LOL at zhopu.. you dont know that magic trick.. its a diagonal lenth of the screen.. it always is whenever you measure a screen.. your 19" monitor be 19" until you measure it diagonally..

And that laptop is cheap mainly coz it is a 17" one..

shado_chazzer_killer said:
My Aunty is coming from US next month (13th june) n i asked him if she can bring some computer hardware

Sorry for OT, but is it she/he?? :eek:hyeah: :rofl: :rofl:

Is it the Aunty or Uncle.. :p Looks like you are in some major confusion dude :rofl: :rofl:

=CrAzYG33K= said:
Sorry for OT, but is it she/he?? :eek:hyeah: :rofl: :rofl:
Is it the Aunty or Uncle.. :p Looks like you are in some major confusion dude :rofl: :rofl:

Wrong :bangin:. Just read the post once again. It says my Aunty is coming in on 13th June who will the notebook. My uncle will come in Nov who will bring a extra gig of RAM to be used in this notebook :rofl: :rofl: . lol ur so dumb :rofl: . just joking

stormblast said:
see the rig i have posted in the thread where darky has asked. its way better than this & costs like 1265$ & will be about 1340 with tax & shipping.

wow that looks freaking bad*** deal. Forget that ASUS, I m getting this one. thank bud, u really helped me a lot.

[Edit]I found it link. But the specs are completly different then u posted. also it is priced @ $949. Help me, is it like i have to choose wht i want(just like assembling a sys). But i cant find the GO 7800 in the list of options. Help me Quick my aunty is going to call me tomorrow about my decision.

Wrong :bangin:. Just read the post once again. It says my Aunty is coming in on 13th June who will the notebook. My uncle will come in Nov who will bring a extra gig of RAM to be used in this notebook :rofl: :rofl: . lol ur so dumb :rofl: . just joking

LOL..

My Aunty is coming from US next month (13th june) n i asked him if she can bring some computer hardware, she agreed to bring the GPU, CPU, RAM, CPU cooler n the wireless router(all in the sig).

If any1 here knows English grammar better... :rofl: they'd be able to tell dude.. (no offense)

=CrAzYG33K= said:
LOL..

If any1 here knows English grammar better... :rofl: they'd be able to tell dude.. (no offense)

Again wrong :bangin: !!!! Wht i meant to say that i was going to get the GPU, CPU,.... from that aunty in USA, But now i may get a notebook instead of all that things.. look i proved ur dumb :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..lol joking buddy.

Again wrong :bangin: !!!! Wht i meant to say that i was going to get the GPU, CPU,.... from that aunty in USA, But now i may get a notebook instead of all that things.. look i proved ur dumb :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..lol joking buddy.
If u still din't get the point.. I'm sorry. there's no use in talkin'! :S
Maybe others here know the real deal!

=CrAzYG33K= said:
If u still din't get the point.. I'm sorry. there's no use in talkin'! :S
Maybe others here know the real deal!

No really i aint getting anything u said.:rofl: . btw back to the thread purpose.

NOthing ... else get the Dell XPX GEN 2 with Nvidia 7800gtx card i think .. its one o fbest period and atleast u can play oblivion at good settings...
xD

the rig that i have posted is for around 2015$. but there is a discount so u get 750$ off. so it comes to 1265$. i had used the same coupon but when i got the laptop, your rig has to be over 1999$ to get 750$ off.

contact me on msn or something. ill tell u the procedure how to order.

stormblast said:
the rig that i have posted is for around 2015$. but there is a discount so u get 750$ off. so it comes to 1265$. i had used the same coupon but when i got the laptop, your rig has to be over 1999$ to get 750$ off.

contact me on msn or something. ill tell u the procedure how to order.

hey thanks bro. I researched the website n i found the Offers thanks bro again. I also found a better Notebooks which features 7900GTX priced $1750(2500-750).

Back