Can I post sale thread or buy anything?

chungus

Market Restricted
Disciple
since im market restricted(no idea why), i was wondering if its safe for me to buy something from here because mods can ban me anytime after I pay the guy who is selling and i would lose my money . the site is letting me see the deals and message the seller somehow. i even dmed some of the moderators about this and didnt get any reply.

I am still not sure what 'market restricted' means?

It hasn't been disclosed what triggers it and what removes it — such information can be misused by scammers or opportunistic members who only want marketplace access.

It's probably enough to say they're not trusted, or they haven't proven to be trusted in the case of older members.

It's probably also pertinent to say that TE's focus is no longer the marketplace as it was in the years prior, there's too much moderating overhead involved with a large number of transactions by untrusted buyers and sellers that require hand-holding and interventions, often escalating to insults and threats.

Sucks for people looking for a good deal, but if you're here for the wealth of knowledge contained within, then it makes no difference.

But yeah, so 'Market Restricted' is a user title, and those are assigned based on Trophy Points, which is derived from posts and reactions on those posts.

Basically, they raised the requirements for everyone, so some members are now Market Restricted while others have been demoted from Disciple to Recruit.

The mods/admins are far too busy with real life stuff, so it's not that any single member is being targeted. These changes were hinted a few messages above.

Last edited:
because mods can ban me anytime after I pay the guy who is selling and i would lose my money .
In general, don't make a payment without getting phone number. I always make sure to communicate via WhatsApp or sms before making payment. I also do the same for my sale threads, voluntarily share my phone number along with payment info, even if the person doesn't ask themselves.

In general, don't make a payment without getting phone number. I always make sure to communicate via WhatsApp or sms before making payment. I also do the same for my sale threads, voluntarily share my phone number along with payment info, even if the person doesn't ask themselves.
So payment should be made via bank account not UPI?

Back