Graphic Cards Can i run nvidia 460 on this?

ashish

Adept
I m planning to go for 460 768mb.
My machine is AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE with 2gb ddr2 ram on asus M4A78-EM/1394 using onboard video and 1tb wd. 22 inch lcd and cm eXtreme Power 500W.

Can my current setup run this card without issues?
I never overclock etc.

labrodor100 said:
^^

the cm extreme power supply range is shit.. u need something like a vx550 or vx450(cutting it close)

I dont think it would be cutting close, the whole system draw with GTX 460 should not be over 300 watts, something a VX450 can easily handle.

One of my friends is running two 4850s in CF with Dual core 6000+ amd,with a cm eXtreme Power 600W,ur 500w can easily handle 460 768 mb,u do the math

^^ Its not a question of whether it can run or not. Those Extreme series of PSU's have time and again been reviewed as unreliable and prone to problems as they get older.

All those who have advised to go in for VX's, have done so keeping in mind the near future, quality and true value for hard earned money.

VX450 is a true quality product, you wont regret buying it next time you upgrade, CX400 can also be considered depending on the budget

CM500W will do the job, but it has its own risks and you may regret your decision of not upgrading your PSU later on, a quality PSU ensures long-life, for both the PSU and the other components, overall system stability and lower power consumption (therefore lower electricity bills and less heat)

The extreme power series has its peak efficiency around 70 from what I read. The noise/ripple/error (not sure what the proper electronic term is) increases with load, be prepared for blue screens if you push any more than 300W on it.

ashish said:
I m planning to go for 460 768mb.

My machine is AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE with 2gb ddr2 ram on asus M4A78-EM/1394 using onboard video and 1tb wd. 22 inch lcd and cm eXtreme Power 500W.

Can my current setup run this card without issues?

I never overclock etc.
why are you going for Nvidia GPU with AMD Chipset motherboard.

you will not be able to use multiple GPU setup in the future as your board supports X-fire not SLI.

IMO better go with ATI GPU's.

cm 500w gives u 312w combined on 12v rails and ur setup avg peak power draw should be around 280w so u can very well run it....ofcourse vx450w is anyday better than cm500w quality and efficiency wise if u can then also change ur psu as well

Back