Can Jio SIM be used only in the device in which it is activated?

SrkOnline

Disciple
Can Jio SIM be used only in the device in which it is activated?

I have been reading rumours that Jio SIM can be used only in one device. Some people say that Jio SIM is IMEI bound and hence can be used in a single device.
Also that, no other SIM can be used in the phone except Jio.
What is truth in those two statements?

Thanks.

What if the phone doesnt support 4g so can the sim be still usable on 3G mode of course on compromised speeds?

Last edited:
What is the phone dosdnt support 4g so can the sim be still usable on 3G mode ofcourse on compromised speeds?

Nope, the jio sim will only work if the sim slot it is in is set to LTE mode.

There's a bug in the redmi 2 prime that i'm using, that i've posted on the gsmarena forum, Can't remember if i posted on TE. If you switch from the Jio sim to the other sim as data, obviously it would go offline because most phones only support 3g/4g in one slot and set the other slot to 2g only. But in this case, switching active data sim to any other than Jio would take both sims offline. Even giving an error 'No Sim'. The only solution is to remove both sims, and then move the other sim to the other slot. A couple other users report this same issue, so it's definitely not just my phone. Yet to test on other brands.[DOUBLEPOST=1474748009][/DOUBLEPOST]Update

Last edited by a moderator:
^ you mean if you switch from Jio as the active data sim to reliance and aircel, everything works fine smoothly and seamlessly? Need to reboot? Swap sim slots?

Posted this in the other thread... seems more relevant to this thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick question for you guys...
Buddy of mine got a Jio SIM for his One Plus X... he's not using it and it ended up coming to me. Popped it into my OnePlus One... guess what... doesn't work. It doesn't register itself on the network.
Was the connection SIM bound to his IMEI?
If so, is there any way I can use it on my phone? I don't have the Jio App on my phone.

Also, would like to use the SIM in an LTE Hotspot I have from AirTel. Is there any possibility to do that?

I really hope you guys can help. Cheers.

Back