Can someone please tell me how to file a case in consumer court?

I need some help with an order from hgworld.

I bought an open box quest 3 on 20 August and got it in 6 days.

The product page and bill said that it would have Asgard's Wrath 2 but it wasn't there. I later found out that it was supposedly free until 30th June. So they were having fake product description on their website.

Also, the rechargeable batteries in the controllers were missing.

I have contacted them on 3 different numbers and have got no reply.

I would like to file a consumer court case against them but need to know some things about it from someone who has already done it.

I need some help with an order from hgworld.

I bought an open box quest 3 on 20 August and got it in 6 days.

The product page and bill said that it would have Asgard's Wrath 2 but it wasn't there. I later found out that it was supposedly free until 30th June. So they were having fake product description on their website.

Also, the rechargeable batteries in the controllers were missing.

I have contacted them on 3 different numbers and have got no reply.

I would like to file a consumer court case against them but need to know some things about it from someone who has already done it.
1) Open box = returned item, so first person to login in on that headset probably claimed it to their account

2) the free game was an offer from Meta, not the seller

3) If you opted for seller warranty, don't antagonize them for a few batteries. But if they can't send you cheap batteries, i wonder if they will honour seller warranty in case your device breaks

4) Use https://pgportal.gov.in/ first

1) Open box = returned item, so first person to login in on that headset probably claimed it to their account

2) the free game was an offer from Meta, not the seller

3) If you opted for seller warranty, don't antagonize them for a few batteries. But if they can't send you cheap batteries, i wonder if they will honour seller warranty in case your device breaks

4) Use https://pgportal.gov.in/ first
I know but if it wasn't gonna be there, they should have just mentioned it on the website and I would have gone for the new sealed pack which only costed 2-3k more. But as these don't come with official warranty in India and both were coming with 1 year extra warranty by paying 2k extra, I opted for open box.

I had asked them before purchasing what open box meant and they just said that sometimes customer open it and return it as they don't like it or for some other reason.

I also have the same worry that if I file this case and later if I wanted to claim the warranty, they won't be much help then. But what's to say that they will help me even if I don't file the case as they are not responding to my messages.

Let me check the website you sent. Thanks man.

Anybody else with some similar case and what happened to it?

Let me check the website you sent. Thanks man.

Anybody else with some similar case and what happened to it?
It is a well known site for years now. Basically, it is a mediator website that gets buyer & seller (in case of ecomm websites their higherups) in touch for resolution of issue. It has no judicial powers. If the seller is decent enough/worry enough for their image then they settle the issue but if not then consumer court is the only option. It work relatively much better for govt institutions like psu companies or psu banks as being govt they care more for their image on this website as the data is shared with ministries/govt depts.

Back