Audio Can the Logitech x-540 function as a good Home Theatre?

Hello,

I have moved into a new house, and in our new living room, we got a 32" LCT TV from Samsung. To the TV, I have connected my CPU and am hence using it as a monitor to play high-def movies & tv shows and games.

I want to connect a 5.1 speaker system to the PC for better sound quality. So since I am using the PC, I will need multichannel PC speakers and not home theatre (right?).

By the way, the dimensions of my room are approx. 10ft x 14ft. Will these speakers function well in such a room? Will I get the immersive surround effect? Are there any other speakers in such a price range which are better for my use and situation?

You can connect a home theatre to your pc.Proper Home theatre quality wil any day be better tha logitech speakers. You might need to upgrade your sound card though.

Ok, just help me out one more time here folks:

If I buy a home theatre system, what will I need to do to connect it to the PC? I heard things like they need different wires and seperate amplifiers. Could someone please explain the process?

Btw, I have a Creative Audigy Soundblaster.

If you buy a home theater system i.e 5 speakers and a subwoofer, or even without a subwoofer you will need a 5 channel or 7 channel amplifier for it which will cost about 15k to start with and goes over lacs of Rs if you have tha tkind of money

your pc will connect to the amp via digital/co-ax/spdif or hdmi and the speakers will be in turn connected to the amp

first define your budget, even the most basic HT setup would set you back by atleast 30-40k

Oh dear lord. I am planning to spend around 5K-8K. But, the price I will be getting is around 1K-1.5K less than the market price.

So, if I could het any suggestion for a total audio solution within that budget, which would sound well in a 10ft x 14ft room with 720p movies, tv shows and games.. it would be greatly appreciated...

You can go for the Logitech Z5500 or the cheaper G51.

These are not really HT speakers so to say. They would fall under multimedia speakers category and so would the X540. Both of these are above your price range but if you really want to enjoy that 720p movie in good sound and with your family, you will need something much louder than x540.

If you want real sound and real effects, the best and cheapest option would be to go for a complete HT system like the Onkyo S3100 which should come for about 19k. It comes with a complete amplifier and 5.1 channel speakers so it can be hooked to the PC easily using audio cables.

No it doesnot. U need to connect PC out to AUX in on the Home Theatre. It works but the sound quality is not that good. Speakers u mentioned are good entry level 5.1. For this price range its very good.

lazygarfield said:
How can I connect a home theatre system to my PC? Doesn't it have different wires?

moshel said:
You can go for the Logitech Z5500 or the cheaper G51.

These are not really HT speakers so to say. They would fall under multimedia speakers category and so would the X540. Both of these are above your price range but if you really want to enjoy that 720p movie in good sound and with your family, you will need something much louder than x540.

If you want real sound and real effects, the best and cheapest option would be to go for a complete HT system like the Onkyo S3100 which should come for about 19k. It comes with a complete amplifier and 5.1 channel speakers so it can be hooked to the PC easily using audio cables.

X 540 is goddamn loud, however they are not comparable to good ht systems.
for the budget & room size x540, g51 are very good.:hap2:

Back