Android Can this behavior be disabled?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I haven't used any locks across my phones ever yeah you heard that right, till date I have only be using the default swipe to unlock thing.

But now, my corporate applications esp. passkey dependent apps requires fingerprint to be enabled on android phone for them to work perfectly!
For enabling fingerprint one has to either use a pin/pass or pattern so I have enabled pattern lock and then the fingerprint lock.

Now, the issue-- even if i touch my phones body slightly without actually touching the display, to move the phone, rotate or otherwise the screen lits up and fingerprint icons shows up for unlocking. This has been draining the battery a lot is what I observed.
I think this is the usual issue with all latest phones where earlier one had to actually press the power button to show unlock options.

Can this behavior be disabled somehow without disabling fingerprint lock and get to the good old power button method?

Last edited:
On Samsung,

1 Tap Settings.
2 Tap Advanced features.
3 Tap Motions and gestures.
4 Slide the switch beside Lift to wake or Double tap to wake up to deactivate the feature.
Thanks this solved the issue but on a slightly diff. setting-- Raise to wakeup was enabled I disabled it and now screen doesn't lit up irrespective of how i handle the phone without touching the screen!

Back