Graphic Cards Can VX450 support my config?????

Hey guys i recently got a GTX260 BE and my system config is as follows.

AMD 64x2 6000+
Asus M3N78-EM
2x1GB Corsair XMS2
160GB Seagate+80GB
3x80MM fans 1x120MM fan

might add an HDD to that list also will my config bottle neck the card or make it under perform and i heard and saw the temperature of the card its seriously very hot it idles normally at 60 with fan speed 25, got the fan speed up to 60~70 and now its 50 on load it crosses 70 is it normal or is the card bad????

It should handle the load.

I might be speaking through my foot here, but wasn't the GTX260 supposed to be a very cool running card :S

amit.mastermind said:
oftopic... does playing at heigher res than on lower res stress the proccy instead of gfx crd...?????

it's the other way around....

cpu will be stressed to the same limit.. gpu will be less stressed at lower resolution; provided all other settings remain the same.

madnav said:
+1

what resolution would you be gaming at ?

I play at 1440x900:( as i have a 19" LCD

@stalker i also heard the same but ive read on some forums abt the Temp thing ppl say its fine but i was worried abt it, also saw some ppl on TE use it so jus wanted to confirm if its the same case with them too.

xxESvenomxx|SoM said:
I play at 1440x900:( as i have a 19" LCD

@stalker i also heard the same but ive read on some forums abt the Temp thing ppl say its fine but i was worried abt it, also saw some ppl on TE use it so jus wanted to confirm if its the same case with them too.

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/crysis-benchmark-thread-112437-11.html#post925489

1st two screenshots..

i had similar generation athlon64 X2 5200+ OCeed to 3.2GHz...

it was bottleneck even at 1680x1050 (maybe)..

results for 1680x1050 and 1280x1024 were identical...at dx9 despite of my HD4850 being OCed...

3fps difference at both resolutions in dx10..

i suppose the cpu was a huge bottleneck.

^^ Interesting.

How is a CPU bottle neck and screen overkill actually deciphered on a GPUxCPUxresolution combination.

No screen overkill, there is GPU overkill here. That GPU is very much fine even for HD resolutions but for 1440*900, it's full potential will not be utilised, even if it is, that extra fps isn't justified for its price as you can play all games at that resolution with a 9600GT itself.

Yes the CPU already shows its age but it will not terribly bottleneck the GPU. In most of the cases, you will get playable frame rates.

xxESvenomxx|SoM said:
Hey guys i recently got a GTX260 BE and my system config is as follows.

AMD 64x2 6000+
Asus M3N78-EM
2x1GB Corsair XMS2
160GB Seagate+80GB
3x80MM fans 1x120MM fan

might add an HDD to that list also will my config bottle neck the card or make it under perform and i heard and saw the temperature of the card its seriously very hot it idles normally at 60 with fan speed 25, got the fan speed up to 60~70 and now its 50 on load it crosses 70 is it normal or is the card bad????

Can you tell a few FPS ratings you are getting and at what setting, for some games.

Your temperatures are fine. The GPU core can handle that much. Also the VX450 should handle it just fine.

Regarding 'bottlenecking', it is such a relative term these days..not sure what people mean. If you are getting >=60FPS on your screen at high resolutions with all affects ON, the bottlenecking can be thrown out the window. How can people say it is CPU bottle neck, or GPU bottleneck. Only what Madnav wrote makes sense, in terms of bottleneck.

I ve been playing Batman AA on this config its playable no major FPS drops until i make sudden mouse moments in the camera angle, have to chk more games also suggest me a decent CPU upgrade which wont be a hole in my pocket after selling my CPU.

I would have not taken the card, but as i was getting it from a friend at a reasonable price i took it. Actually i was personally looking for a 250 or a 9800GTX.

Back