Graphic Cards Can you run two different cards in SLI?

artattak

Disciple
Hey guys,

A noob question, can you run a GTX 680 with a GTX 660 is SLI mode? I am planning on a trinity setup for my displays, will run three 23 inch Dell ultrasharp displays side by side. My single GTX 680 is more then capable of handling the setup but i was wondering, if in case i need more power can i get a 660 and save some cash. Gonna use the setup for studio work + gaming :)

Hey guys,

A noob question, can you run a GTX 680 with a GTX 660 is SLI mode? I am planning on a trinity setup for my displays, will run three 23 inch Dell ultrasharp displays side by side. My single GTX 680 is more then capable of handling the setup but i was wondering, if in case i need more power can i get a 660 and save some cash. Gonna use the setup for studio work + gaming :)

No nVidia SLi profiles do not support asymmetric multi-GPU setups. The cards must be off the same type and preferably same brand.

AMD CrossFireX allows more flexibility on these terms, so that a multi-GPU setup can be enforced on cards of the same sub-family with different ratings, say a HD7950 + HD7970 setup (both are HD79** series cards).

Hope this solves your doubts, Cheerio!

@ALPHA17 and Asingh - Thanks for the reply. Guess i'll wait till next year and get another 680 when the prices reduce. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back