Canada says India second-biggest foreign threat to its democracy

Aren't Indians just 3.7% of total Canadian population ? Indian students are around 2 lakhs there.
The effect of migration on India seems to be high, Canadian social media's mongering on Indians for their problems looks misplaced.
Aren't they burning enough forests, so ESG tolerant it seems. Are burnt forest areas good for building up new real estate ?

What the hell did I just read!
My reaction last August when Justin Singh Trudeau said we were upto no good in his country.

That we'd done some hit jobs in Canada and I couldn't figure it out because as far as I know we've never done that in India. Notice we try never take out any heads of separatist groups. There's a good reason. So it seemed odd to pin the deaths of some small time crooks in Canada on us.

Later it seems we might have had some rogue agents who did just that.

Interfering meaning influencing politicians in Canada is now the new fashion. This is just a pretext to get us to shut up about pro Khalistan activities that go on in Canada.

Whatever it is we are learning to play the game. I'm a strong advocate of shaping your environment lest it shape you. This means I am advocating we interfere in all countries that can affect us. From what I can tell we've done that with all our neighbours. How successful is debatable. Some things are public and some we may never know.

This Canadian thing falls into the latter category. Not getting caught would be better..

Last edited:
So it seemed odd to pin the deaths of some small time crooks in Canada on us.

Later it seems we might have had some rogue agents who did just that.

Interfering meaning influencing politicians in Canada is now the new fashion. This is just a pretext to get us to shut up about pro Khalistan activities that go on in Canada.
Canada indeed want to tolerate the intolerant (against India) and want to make it their national interest.

Their social media forums are rife with comments against Indian migrants, whom they portray as huge percentage of the population there, all the while Indians are an extreme minority. Self hating, but never self improving, nor helping others improve kind of Indians also does not help.

The proper response to that statement is 'so what'.

Canada's job is to be USA's sidekick. Its elections are as important as high school monitor election.

The world has been, and will always be, run by a dictators/strongmen. Democracy is just a little game that they allow stupid people to play.

The world has been, and will always be, run by a dictators/strongmen. Democracy is just a little game that they allow stupid people to play.
Quite ironic considering you are typing this sitting in a reasonable if not a perfect democracy. Try posting some criticising post of Emperor Xi or King Putin or whatever they support in their countries & then see what happens.

btw, Canada is no better with their authoritarian actions including freezing bank accounts of trucker protesters, Bill C-16, etc.
Canada is much better because nobody there will be detained immediately & sent to prison for making fun of Justin Trudeau on social media. Freezing bank accs is harsh but in no way comparable to what dissenters get in countries like China & Russia.

I agree with that you at some level most democracies including ours, largely just give people an illusion of power by letting them choose from illusory opponents, who fight based on non-issues. But I think it is reasonable to also argue that at a much deeper level, the modern world is increasingly too complex and interconnected to be run or controlled by individuals. The reason being that single individual dictators and strongmen cannot humanly have the sheer mental and physical bandwidth and ability to understand and influence key decisions on increasingly complex issues that matter most in the world.

I feel it is more useful to look at the world in terms of balance of power between multiple institutional forces at play in terms of the balance of powers between them - in the strategic, economic, technological / scientific, and to some extent even in the political spheres.

Canada is much better because nobody there will be detained immediately & sent to prison for making fun of Justin Trudeau on social media.
Wait till a war happens.
Canada, as mentioned by other user is just enjoying risk free situation being sidekick of USA with nothing much on.
Considering their relative safe status, doing such actions exposes their real face.

Freezing bank accs is harsh but in no way comparable to what dissenters get in countries like China & Russia.
Freezing bank accounts of not just protesters but their family members also ? In fact is harsh in developed countries like that, can destroy families.
Where is free speech and right to protest, etc...

The proper response to that statement is 'so what'.

Canada's job is to be USA's sidekick. Its elections are as important as high school monitor election.

Brother draw up a list of countries you want to spend 1 week vacation in. You will find all if not mostly democracies. Forget about sending your kids to study in a authoritarian countries or living there. Democracy has been winning for the last 100 years non-stop.

And that happens on whims of a dictator/autocrat in countries like China & Russia while George W Bush still get roasted to this day for his war in Iraq & non-existent WMDs.
Yeah, GWB gets roasted on standup comedy, big deal.
People were being vaporized en-masse on other side because of his lies though.
Thousands of people were arrested for protest too.

Last edited:
And it is those 87 which shape the direction of world overall.
Are they? Unless the US makes up its mind to lead the rest are left to their own devices.

Look at the rest of the west. This feeling of receding from where they were.
If it was left to autocrats/dictators then this planet would have been long gone back to the stone age.
They seem to have more of an edge these days than in the past

Why is Canada trying to protect terrorism like Pakistan and that too so openly.

I mean it is not just now ...way back from kanishka bombing days ...they openly protecting people who took innocent lives. That is clear support of terrorism.

It is one thing to support freedom of speech and all but people talking violence. Showing up at embassies and destroying property .

They definitely must be doing it on USA's directions. USA would not want to get directly in bad situation with India but still would want India to be involved in Diplomatic issues on some parts of the world along with military issues with its neighbours.

It slows down the progress that way. An emerging India is only a problem for USA and China is enough trouble for them.

For India they just want as a small player enough to deal with China but not strong enough to have high presence in Global game.

Beside this coalition government will be easy to put pressure on.

Last edited:
Back