Canada says India second-biggest foreign threat to its democracy

damn, didnt see this thread before, I really gotta hang out more in General Lounge lol, but coming back to the topic, its just Trudeau fear mongering since even he knows he aint coming back, he has been pulling a lot of stunts like this just to distract the voters and keep his seat by painting India as the boogeyman,

Canada is in its Find out phase of the "**** Around and Find Out" when they took in Khalistanis en masse, they should have tightened up their immigration policies specially after the Air India disaster, the housing crisis has been worse than ever, low paying Jobs have mostly been taken up by immigrants, inflation is at a high point over there. This is just a smokescreen to divert National sentiment and absolve himself of any blame,

Honestly, just hang around in the Canadian subs or r/whitepeopletwitter whenever something about Canada is posted and you'll see what I am talking about. Canada is ****ed right now and there's no easy way to fix this aside from mass deportation of immigrants but thats a whole different can of worms

P.S. Do note when I say immigrants, I dont mean just Indians,
This 240 number won't remain that way. It will grow to a number where such things are less likely ;)
doubt that considering BJP's actions and the divided votebank here
And almost none of them sent to Siberia/Guantanamo Bay.
Not a good example, I agree with your points but bringing up Guantanamo Bay just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, thousands of innocent people were kidnapped after 9/11 and given third degree torture, you have no idea of the human rights violation that US did and is still doing there,
India is not going to become on par with US or even China even by the end of this century unless some miracle happens. Harsh fact but true. Share mkt booming & economy size in trillions matters not much when population is 1.4 Billion & per capita income is less than half of China.
China's economy is massively overstated, specially its real estate market which is in shambles, there are entire cities which are a ghost town in China
Yes, agree with you, as when people cast their vote for Rs.8500/- per month (free) and as soon as voting over, they stand in que to collect same. How we can on par with US/China with such Intelligent/Innocent/Poor People.
you cant blame them when that 8.5k will probably last them for the next couple of months for food, Honestly, its a privilege that we can discuss issues like India's economy, world issues and what not, for them its a matter of survival, they are happy as long as their stomachs are filled, they dont have the luxury to worry about shit in the future when they cant even guarantee their present.

Last edited:
Back