Android Cannot stop phone from downloading "Bollywood Blockbusters"

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Phone is a Micromax Canvas with unremovable bloatwares loaded in it.
Every time the data connection is active a file "bollywood blockbusters" gets downloaded. This cannot be stopped or cancelled. The only way to "stop" it is by deactivating data service. When you do that the file downloading icon disappears, when you switched on data it appears again.
Its currently at 2% and 4hrs remaining. So i assume its something huge.
I don't think the owner did anything to download it. She says she has no knowledge.

I also thought that it was an app download but I couldn't trace it to any app on the phone.

I did. I disabled whatever apps I could. Still didn't work as the download only paused temporarily. If only one could uninstall the bloatwares...

Download greenify. And greenify all your apps then try to find out which app is causing the behaviour by selective ungreenify

Backup Contacts/SMS/Files, do a Factory Reset
but won't that restore all the factory apps which came with the phone? I did that once with my phone and all the apps returned (they can be uninstalled easily).
Btw I just remembered the "Uninstall" app. I also have Greenify on my phone (friend installed it) even though i've never used it nor do i know what it does. :D
i'll get back to you guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1457364572][/DOUBLEPOST]"Uninstall" requires the phone to be rooted. I don't want take the risk.
This could be because of Gaana app.
No Gaana app installed.

Last edited:
goto data settings, and restrict all apps from using data on 2g/3g. If you cannot isolate the app doing this, its a app which is akin to a trojan, MMX is doing this.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...lling-unwanted-apps-on-devices-reports-649823
So she is not the only one. And the blamegame sounds like bs. But that should tell her to not buy a Micromax phone ever again. Why in the world people buy their phones is something which I'll never understand...
Will root the phone.

Back