Canon EOS 550d or EOS 600d for first time DLSR user?

hektor

Disciple
I'm planning on buying an entry level DSLR as the next logical step in moving on after my 3 years of point and shoot with the Cybershot.
I posted earlier and people advised to get the E0S 550d with the 18-55 kit lens + 55-250 tele photo lens + 16gb card + nice bag(budget 50k).

However I've read some reviews about the next model in the EOS Series-the 600d and have added that to my wish list. If I'm OK with the extra bucks, is it a good choice for a first time user? Does it offer much more when compared to the 550D?

Also considering that i'll be going for my higher studies next month to the U.S , will it be better to get it from India or from there?

hektor said:
I'm planning on buying an entry level DSLR as the next logical step in moving on after my 3 years of point and shoot with the Cybershot.
I posted earlier and people advised to get the E0S 550d with the 18-55 kit lens + 55-250 tele photo lens + 16gb card + nice bag(budget 50k).

However I've read some reviews about the next model in the EOS Series-the 600d and have added that to my wish list. If I'm OK with the extra bucks, is it a good choice for a first time user? Does it offer much more when compared to the 550D?

Also considering that i'll be going for my higher studies next month to the U.S , will it be better to get it from India or from there?

If you wish to spend around 10k more for a swivel screen and built in wireless flash capability then maybe yes. But I would choose the 550d. There is absolutely no difference in the IQ of these cameras and their core specfications remain the same. Plus if you are interested in video too, 550d has magic lantern firmware which is a lot more helpful and feature rich. But let the pros chip in. :)

i would suggest you go with 60D, its a competitor of D7000, whereas most of the features are same in 60D & D7000 except 60D Has a Higher resolution flip-out screen of 1,040k dots, Higher true resolution 17.9 MP & 35gms lighter than D7000.

whereas D7000 surpasses 60D in many aspects, but not that important if you want to go with 60D.

There are no doubts that the Canon EOS 550D was a very good all round camera which allowed you to progress comfortably from an absolute beginner to a serious enthusiast. Its successor, the Canon EOS 600D is likewise of a similar nature and also features a new shooting mode as well as a vari-angle LCD. The main question is that whether the Canon EOS 600D is a better camera that is worth the extra costs over that of the Canon EOS 550D.

As you can see from the specs, there is not much difference between the two cameras in terms of performance. They have the same AF system, same metering system, same ISO sensitivity range, same sensor, same shutter and even the same movie output.

The answer for this is simple. If you are only shooting stills, you would probably want to stick with the Canon 550D or even the Canon EOS 1100D if that is sufficient for your needs. However, once the issue of video is considered, the extra features and the use of the vari-angle LCD makes it a very good choice.The features are too close tobe called an upgrade Then considering the Price Of Product D550 Is good Bet.

Back