Camera Canon EOS-M Should I buy this or any other

viva1986

Disciple
Previously i have Sony DSC H-10 and now i want to purchase Canon EOS-M. My budget is upto 20K max thats why i am choosing this. Please suggest me How's this camera and its performance?

EOS M is not that successful. You don't have lot of lens choice (native) with EOS M. It's still very young...
Check Sony, Olympus MILC cameras...

You have few more choices other than MILC. You can go for fixed lens advanced compact, or you can go for entry level DLSR or even you can go for used mid range DSLR. But without knowing anything, the replies we give not gonna help you much.

thanks MOD, Actually i already used fixed lens type camera but this time i want to buy the one which have options for different types of lenses. And for the Canon EOS-M i am choosing it just because it has 40% discount on flipkart.

If u want portability in smallest package plus super control of pics then mirrorless is the way to go

Last edited by a moderator:
In sony there is Nex-3N should be around 23k. Higher model Nex-5R comes in around 33k or less if you are lucky. In mirrorless value for money line sony is the better.

I have been seeing good offers during Navratri, Diwali time for the last three years. If you think you can wait that long, you may get some nice offers.

In some review i read that touchscreen is not so much responsive of Sony NEX - 5R. Is anybody here who owns this camera or Sony NEX - 3R?

In some review i read that touchscreen is not so much responsive of Sony NEX - 5R. Is anybody here who owns this camera or Sony NEX - 3R?
I own a 5R. The touch screen is resistive compared to the capacitive unit in 5N. Resistive means you need to push (ala Nokia old symbian 5800) but its also more accurate. However, I really don't find myself using the touch screen as there are a lot of dedicated buttons which are faster and more convenient. The 3N has a few less buttons and the control dial.

Canons EOS M has no advantages whats so ever ,apart from may be the clearance price.
The Sony NEX is mature with one of the best sensors out their and much higher native lenses to choose,it also has can AF A-mount lenses with DSLR speed.

Back