Canon Powershot S1 IS + 1GB Memory card + Canon Branded Travel Pouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

techaditya

Disciple
Perfect Condition

The legendary Canon S1 IS that started one of the most successful series fro Canon

Beautiful 10x Image Stabilised Lens, full maual Control, Flip out & Twist LCD Screen(Like a HandyCam).

You can Optically Zoom in Movie Mode. (something most Cameras in this Price Range or Lower Can never do)

The 3.2Megapixels is more than Enough for 8 x 10 inch Prints. I have printed atleast 50 of them and sent them to many Photography Competitions.

Uses standard AA Batteries & works great even for Point & shoot Photos.

1year old, no scratches, Put in a brand new CCD (Canon Original at Canon's Authorised service Centre)

Have got many great photos from these, the Handling is excellent, selling it so that I can move up to a DSLR or FZ-50.

Expected Price :- Rs 11,900/- Price Lowered( Zero Shipping Charge if in Mumbai), Bombay buyer proffered.

Might I remind You that the price is inclusive of a 1GB Kingston Memory Card.
I will Include all Manuals , Charts, Descriptions , Explanantions, Opertion Guides & handbooks. Just like New

DPreview.com One of the Most respected Photography Websites

This is a highly specified camera with a feature set that doesn't fall that far short of 'prosumer' models such as the G5 or even the Pro 1. The SLR-like styling and plethora of controls both on-body and in the extensive menu system lets you know this is more than a point and shooter with a big lens. Here's just a few of the key selling points to whet your appetite:
• 10x optical zoom (approximately 32x combined)
• Optical Image Stabilizer
• Ultrasonic Motor
• Extra-long Movie Mode with enhanced VGA resolution and sound
• Canon DIGIC processor with iSAPS
• PictBridge and Canon Direct Print compatible – no PC required
• 13 shooting modes

Reviews-DPreview

Conclusion - Pros

  • Very small, handles really well
  •  Packed with features
  •  Image stabilization works really well (and can be used in movie mode)
  •  Very quiet
  •  Fast and responsive
  •  Stunning movie mode with high quality sound
  •  Impressive continuous (burst) shooting
  •  Good color, good exposure, generally accurate focus
  •  'Punchy' results straight out of the camera
  •  Clean images at lower ISO settings
  •  Impressively little distortion for such a large lens
  •  Enjoyable and easy to use
  •  Optional wide and tele adapters and underwater housing

Conclusion - Cons
 Some focus errors - especially at the telephoto end of the zoom
 Slow AF at longer focal lengths, can struggle in low light
 No AF illuminator
 Noisy above ISO200
 No rechargeable batteries
 Small screen, viewfinder difficult to see in very bright or very dark conditions
 Images lack 'bite' - resolution is average at best
 No RAW or TIFF mode
 Limit to highest shutter speed usable at wide apertures
Overall conclusion
The Canon S1 IS is a camera it is hard not to like. Sure, there are a few high end features missing (no live histogram, no flash hot shoe, no AiAF, no RAW mode), but this is no glorified point-and-shooter. The movie mode is superb, the image stabilization works a treat - and certainly does away with the need for a tripod for most daylight shooting - and the control layout is excellent. The results are somewhere in the middle of what we'd expect from a decent 3MP camera, but are surprisingly good for one with a full 10x optical zoom. Next to the Panasonic FZ10 it looks a little underpowered - and the S1 IS certainly can't match the FZ10 for image quality - but it's a lot better looking, a lot nicer to use and a lot smaller and lighter. This is a real 'swiss army knife' of a camera - compact, portable, yet capable - thanks to the 10x IS lens - of coping with virtually any shooting situation you might throw at it. Image quality is easily good enough for sharp 8x10 inch prints, but for big prints you'll probably want something with a little more resolution to offer. And if you shoot a lot of telephoto action, its greatAll-in-all it's one of the better super zooms currently available, is very well priced, and very rewarding in use.

For the Complete Specs PM me or scrap me on this Sale page

Attachments

• Canon Powershot S1 IS.JPG
    Canon Powershot S1 IS.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 79
  • The Lens - Canon Powershot S1 IS.JPG
    The Lens - Canon Powershot S1 IS.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Canon Flip Out & Twist LCD.JPG
    Canon Flip Out & Twist LCD.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 72
The currently available Canon S3 IS is selling for north of Rs 25,000/-. As you can see Rs12500/- with a 1GB Kingston Card & Pouch is a real steal !!

^^No offence but in grey, its more like 16k. You should compare it with the grey market price since there's no warranty on ur camera anyway. Its not nice to mislead folks.

My intention is not to mislead anyone. the Grey market is full of Smuggled Goods. i am not selling off something to try & make a killing on something so small.

I bought my camera in the white Market and paid Rs36000/- for it

I believe in quality stuff since I care a lot about my Gear. I am a serious amateur photographer not someone looking for some cheap stuff selling on the streets.

The equipment is in excellent condition, it's just that I wanted to get myself some Pro Gear (like an SLR)

Please be careful before making any baseless accusations.

I stand by what I am selling here & to prove it I am willing to lower the price to Rs 11,900/-. Like I said I am willing to throw in some Goodies too

Those interested do PM me or Scrap me incase you have any queries. I assure the Buyer that he will be fully satisfied with what he Buys.

just got s3 price at a VT store..25700/-

im interested in the S1,I would like to have a look though before buying..
and yes..i stay in bbay..so no delivery issues

AMD4Life you seem a sensible guy could you please tell them that the S3 evolved from the original S1 design and is similar except for the 6Megapixels (vs 3.2 MegaPixels) & 12x zoom (vs 10x Zoom)

Most of the other Functions are Identical

Besides the S3 IS doesn't ship with a 1 GB card that comes separately & you have to shell out an extra Rs 1500/- for that. Neither does it come with a Travel Pouch which is needed if you are using any Megazoom camera like the S1

^^There are significant differences. The biggest difference is that the S1 lacks the Digic II image processor... which means poor jpeg compression leading to large files and which is compounded by slow CF write speeds. Also 3.2MP is not enough if one wishes to create decent 4x6 prints. Another big issue is that since the lens is only f/2.8 at the wide end and the camera has no AF assist light, AF will hunt in the dark. Also anything above ISO 200 is unusable. So effectively you can kiss goodbye to photographing in low light without a flash.

Does all this affect usability? Yes. Does it affect the fact that its a solid photographic tool? No. Its a very good camera overall.

Please understand that a lot of what you are saying is not fully substantiated. For instance it is a known fact that 3.2Megapixel cameras can easily print excellent 8 x 10 inch prints , and even good 11 x 14 inch prints. If you don't believe me you are welcome to come home and see for yourself. 6megapixels is good enough for A3 size prints. But pray do tell me how many people using Digicams even print photos greater than 4 x 6 inches. And if all that you are doing is watching it on a PC monitor with a Max resolution of 1280 x 1024 then the highest resolution that can fill your entire screen is just a paltry 1.3 megapixels. BTW I use a Viewsonic 19" VX912 LCD Monitor with DVI input so i know what Image quality on a PC means.

I recently bought my mother a compact Canon Powershot A630, its an 8 Megapixel Camera but I choose to use it by Lowering the resolution to 2048 x 1536 ( which is exactly the 3.2 megapixel resolution of the S1 IS). That way I don't fill up my Memory Card and Hard Disk with big inflated photos at a resolution most people don't need. Please understand Megapixels is more marketing pitch and is the easiest way to bring new models to the store without any genuine improvements.

Chaos, If a CF Card would be inherently slower than an SD card then why would Canon , Olympus & Sony use it on all their latest Digital SLRs ? The Canon Eos 400D/ Rebel XTi , Olympus E410,510 & Sony alpha 100 are all the latest releases of these manufacturers & they all have chosen to operate the Cameras using CF Cards.

techaditya said:
Please understand that a lot of what you are saying is not fully substantiated. For instance it is a known fact that 3.2Megapixel cameras can easily print excellent 8 x 10 inch prints , and even good 11 x 14 inch prints. If you don't believe me you are welcome to come home and see for yourself. 6megapixels is good enough for A3 size prints. But pray do tell me how many people using Digicams even print photos greater than 4 x 6 inches. And if all that you are doing is watching it on a PC monitor with a Max resolution of 1280 x 1024 then the highest resolution that can fill your entire screen is just a paltry 1.3 megapixels. BTW I use a Viewsonic 19" VX912 LCD Monitor with DVI input so i know what Image quality on a PC means.

Dude... its easy math... a typical printer prints at 300x300 dpi while newer ones are 600x600. So for a 6"x4" print, you need 24x300x300 i.e. 2mp minimum. For a high resolution print,you need 8mp minimum. I don't know where you got those figures from. The resolution of a screen is just 72x72dpi :p. Print resolution is a minimum of 300x300 dpi.

I recently bought my mother a compact Canon Powershot A630, its an 8 Megapixel Camera but I choose to use it by Lowering the resolution to 2048 x 1536 ( which is exactly the 3.2 megapixel resolution of the S1 IS). That way I don't fill up my Memory Card and Hard Disk with big inflated photos at a resolution most people don't need. Please understand Megapixels is more marketing pitch and is the easiest way to bring new models to the store without any genuine improvements.
If anyone cares about image quality, he/she shoots in RAW forget JPEG. Infact I shoot RAW+JPEG just to be sure. Hard drive space is cheap... its a sad excuse for getting a bad resolution photo. I'm aware of the megapixel myth. Anything beyond 6mp is non essential unless you have an APS-C sized sensor or higher and inherently the higher the pixel count for the same sized sensor, the more noise you'll get.

Chaos, If a CF Card would be inherently slower than an SD card then why would Canon , Olympus & Sony use it on all their latest Digital SLRs ? The Canon Eos 400D/ Rebel XTi , Olympus E410,510 & Sony alpha 100 are all the latest releases of these manufacturers & they all have chosen to operate the Cameras using CF Cards.

Duh its not that CF is slow... its just that the Digic I processor on the S1 is way slower (USB1) compared to Digic II or Digic III. I use a Sandisk xtreme III CF... thats one of the fastest memory cards u'll get. The whole deal is if the reader is slow, how does a fast card help? Also FYI i'm no noob at photography.

i am getting S3 IS from US with Bill and every thing for 280 Dollars so it roughly works out to Rs 12K and 1 GB card is available for around 5-6 $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back