PC Peripherals Can't Change the Driver from 2.1 to 4.1

arghya139

Disciple
I am using a Asus Xonar DG Sound Card (It detects as Xonar SE in Software)
So far I was using the Normal 2.1 Speakers without any problem, but recently bought a headphone for gaming.
But somehow I cant use both simultaneously, tried all the combinations of settings possible.
But only the Green 3.5mm Female Jack is working, Black 3.5mm female jack is not working.
If I insert 3.5mm male of either headphone or Speaker, not getting sound from that.

Untitled.png

eed3fc303c3db03c836961e390e93fcb.png

what speakers and headphone you have. how many jacks do they each have.
my best understanding is you can only use only one of them at the same time.
do share some more details

try setting up as 5.1 . insert headphones in another slot and do windows sound test to see if audio comes in headphones as well.
then you could just turn speaker off when you want to use headphones

try setting up as 5.1 . insert headphones in another slot and do windows sound test to see if audio comes in headphones as well.
then you could just turn speaker off when you want to use headphones
Tried that, not working.
Only the Green Female port works

then you can use only 1 at a time.
you could get a usb sound card for headphones and then you wouldnt have to remove from sound card all the time, just switch in windows sounds

your speaker has a headphone out right ? tried that option .

Yes, very right as Puns said you can use only 1 at a time.
I am not 100% sure but here's a setting I guess it's what Rockfella has forgot.
give it a try -

Capture.jpg

just try plugin your headphones on the mic/line in port which I guess is black in your case.
1. open sound settings click on recordings tab
2. click on microphone - click properties (which in my case is Asus STX and your's may be Asus DG or something.(
3. Now in new window click on listen tab and check mark (turn on ) listen to this device
4. keep it at default playback device it should work
5. if still not working change it from default playback device to - your speaker (primary device)

I hope it works but you may or may not get full advantage or quality on your headphones, but still it's worth the try.
some kind of setting like this worked for me years ago but just like rockfella I am not sure.

Just last week I tried on my Realtek HD audio and I can simultaneously use both rear and front jacks. Just what I wanted.
There was this setting in the realtek audio manager

1605352465640.png

I have even tried getting audio outputs from other holes/jacks... it all depends on what all settings and tuning options are available on your sound card manager.

I cycled through the control panel sound options but it only made my exp. worst and messed even my basic settings.

Back