Can't check my BB usage since some changes by BSNL

REY619

Disciple
Hello guys, I am facing a strange problem. On 21st October my Broadband suddenly stopped working. I registered a complaint, after 6 days of calling them I finally received a call from them on 27th October saying that my username and password have been changed.

They added _ncdr to my old username. I entered those new details in modem and BB is back working but I am unable to check my BB usage aanywhere.

My connection was old(from 2007), IP was in range of 59.x.x.x, and I used to check the usage on 10.240.43.216 without any problem.

Now since they changed my username/password my IP shifted to 117.x.x.x and I am unable to check the usage anywhere, neither on 10.240.43.216 nor on selfcare portal. I can still login at 10.240.43.216 with my old username and password but it shows my old username(not updated one) and BB usage is not updating too, it only shows usage till 21st October, the last time my BB worked with old username/password.

Any idea what is going on and what can I do?

Some details about my connection -
Circle - Meerut, UP West
Plan - BBG-FN-HOME-500-MONTHLY
Selfcare URL/Region - selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in(I am already registered at selfcare, but it shows my old username and BB usage not updating)

Thanks.

your portal's username and password might hv been changed too. Inquire BSNL Office, about retrieval of ur portal's id and pass...

seshu said:
now you have to use that selfcare portal only AND contact your JTO to inquire when usage details get updated ...

I am registered at selfcare portal since long but the usage is not being shown after 21st October(the last day BB worked with my old ID)

arunlakra15 said:
your portal's username and password might hv been changed too. Inquire BSNL Office, about retrieval of ur portal's id and pass...

I didn't had portal ID earlier as I was on NIB-I (with IP 59.x.x.x), I used to check my usage at 10.240.43.216 and similar 10.x.x.x sites.

^^Thanks, how can I make them do that? Should I wait a little or call Customer care? I don't think CC people would be able to understand what is going on.. :\

Check BSNL Broadband Usage on Mobile by SMS

How to Register Your Mobile to BSNL NIB for Broadband Usage:

Just SMS “REG Landline Number†prefixed with your STD code (For Example REG 04362272400) to the following numbers:
52295: For Bsnl Mobile Customers.
9448077777: For Mobile Other Operators.
One you send this SMS you will get SMS "Thank you message" and from then onwards, you can check the broadband usage of your account anytime by just sending an SMS:

How to Check the Broadband Usage:
Just SMS “BBU Landline Number†prefixed with the STD Code (BBU 04362272400) to the following numbers:
52295: For Bsnl Mobile Customers.
9448077777: For Mobile Other Operators.
Note: FREE for BSNL Mobiles Users, Other operators might get nominal charge, normally its FREE to all operators

Use this to check BB usage. Using this for quite sometime and it reports the day time usage properly.

^^ Thanks, Registered successfully but no reply when sent the message to check BB usage. Guess it is for some particular regions only.

Not sure about that. I am from Tamil Nadu and using a BSNL number to check it. It will send the usage from 4th day of a month. For eg., today it will say 'BB usage will be updated by 3rd of the month. Please Check your Usage from 4th onwards."

P.S: Guess it wont work from Mars :bleh:

I tried sending about 10 messages from both BSNL and Airtel numbers, no reply received. :(

Haha yeah maybe, I will land soon on earth and then try again. :)

DarkAngel said:
Not sure about that. I am from Tamil Nadu and using a BSNL number to check it. It will send the usage from 4th day of a month. For eg., today it will say 'BB usage will be updated by 3rd of the month. Please Check your Usage from 4th onwards."

P.S: Guess it wont work from Mars :bleh:

It is giving same message to me. So works for Karnataka also.

Back