Cant do payment via Paypal.

Folks,

I am unable to use mine HDFC/SBI credit card at all on paypal. Seems to be related to the recent RBI rule via which authentication has been made mandatory. Now paypal doesn't need that kind of setup for its other customers and hence its not interested in doing some "indian" favor.

So the question is: how do you do payment? I don't wish to use mine US bank account.

+LT

Well, I have used my Netsafe Card by HDFC to verify my paypal account back in September 2009 and it went smooth without any hitch, not sure about payments though, haven't made any since then.

You could try using Netsafe Card facility by HDFC its better and safer than using your own credit card. And its FREE!

the reason could be something else. i could use my mastercard cc to get it verify without using verify code on paypal. maybe your cc does not support such international payments...

LT there is nothing wrong with the HDFC / Indian CC.

The problem is with paypal conversion.

When you go to paypal checkout, below the amount there will be an option for "Choose currency conversion option" (its a link when you go to paypal checkout)

Click that and there make sure you check the second option to "Bill me in the seller's currency" (dont remember exact words, but its something like this.)

By default the paypal account is set to use their own conversion rates which does not work with most indian CC.

Once you change this while checkout out with paypal once, it will be saved as default action and you wont have to do this every time.

With this option you will be able to use your CC on paypal.

Well I made a paypal payment yesterday so I doubt that it is because of the RBI authentication rule

Shripad said:

When you go to paypal checkout, below the amount there will be an option for "Choose currency conversion option" (its a link when you go to paypal checkout)

Click that and there make sure you check the second option to "Bill me in the seller's currency" (dont remember exact words, but its something like this.)

By default the paypal account is set to use their own conversion rates which does not work with most indian CC.
Once you change this while checkout out with paypal once, it will be saved as default action and you wont have to do this every time.

Thanks! that worked! Sorry can't rep you for obvious reasons.

+LT

Shripad said:

Thanks....

"Click that and there make sure you check the second option to "Bill me in the seller's currency" (dont remember exact words, but its something like this.) "

Where do i get this option ??

When the seller directs me to the paypal page and i login . Will this option be there on the very first page after login in?

I am getting the message after the login ("your payment will not got through, add a funds to your paypal and then use your paypal bal to pay "

Even the direct checkout says (without login to paypal) , this card cannot be used for payment

I have HDFC gold CC

Even I have never been able to use my HDFC Platinum Credit Card with Paypal. I've faced this issue from a long time, so I am sure it has nothing to do with RBI's new rules.

ICICI card work fine though.

Shripad said:

That worked for me. HDFC Gold Card. Thanks.

Shripad said:

Thanks, it worked :hap2:

Back