Can't download from DC++ / Five net

trigger

Adept
I had direct wired connection till last week and I was able to use & download from DC++ on my desktop. Last week, I introduced a router in between, starting then I'm unable to download anything from DC++.. It works sometime, but most of the times, it just says connecting...

Although I'm able to connect to hub, search content, upload data but can't download.. Any configuration that I may have overlooked?

Hardware| Desktop connected through Linksys WRT54G2 WiFi
Connection| Five-net, Navi Mumbai
Application| DC++ v0.782

Yeah you need to forward the ports on your router.. Use this link for more information:

DC++ Setup - PortForward.com

If you need help, drop me a PM.... I am in the office rigt now ,so cant help you more than this. Its very straightforward. This site lists down every make and model of modems and routers and every application (such as DC++, utorrent etc.).

open the router configuration, there will be an option of cloning the mac address, enable that, then enable Upnp & finally manually set your router to forward dc++ port.

if you want more help pm me Ill help you to get it working .. i also am using a router and no one was there to help had to do it on my own :/ ....

devvfata1ity said:
open the router configuration, there will be an option of cloning the mac address, enable that, then enable Upnp & finally manually set your router to forward dc++ port.
Be cautious when you do this. Your Internet might stop working if your ISP has configured it to be MAC bound. If your internet connection is lost after doing this, call up the customer care of the ISP and ask them to reset the MAC ID for you./...

Did all the proper setting, set the DC++ connection setting to 'Use UPnP to let DC++ configure my router', enabled the UPnP in router.

System log excerpt,

[00:23] UPnP: Successfully created port mappings (TCP: 50768, UDP: 62571, TLS: 50769), mapped using the MiniUPnP interface

Still can't download... :(

^arre add me on gtalk or pm me ur number ill help u over the fone or online voice chat ... can only help after 6 pm tomorrow though :/ ...

Can someone please help me configure the router. It was working flawlessly until last week, then someone reset the configuration. And now I'm unable to connect. Anyone with similar router on PPPoE connection?

N.B.: details in the first post.

Back