Video Cant get 1080P resolution on my TV

Hey guys

I just bought LG 37LH30 TV. I want to connect it to my laptop to watch movis but my laptop only has VGA(No HDMI). I tried connecting it but I cant get the resolution higer than 1600x1200. I have updated the gfx driver but still doesnt go higher. I tried setting them manually through nvidia control panel, but that didnt work either.

I have Dell inspiron 1520 with 8600M GT gfx and windows 7 professional 64bit.
I tried to connect with my friends laptop and I was able to get to 1920x1200 via VGA. So, I know its not a bad cable or TV problem. he has nvidia GT230M and windows 7 premium 32 bit.

can someone help me with getting a higher resolotion and also can I upgrade the fimware on this TV. It has version 4.05 right now.

Edit-1)My laptop does not have DVI or HDMI
2) The bios is updated to latest version from dells website.
3) Gfx driver hass been updated
4) I was able to get 1920x1200 throuh my friends laptop via VGA.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

does your laptop has HDMI and dvi-sub if yes the try test connect at your lcd tv

if fail then make sure update latest bios for dell laptop for improve high resolution

p.s even the same problem on studio 17 does not show full HD 1980x1080 on 44 hd lcd

and i mail to dell and they gave me latest firmware bios update for studio 17 with i7 and ati 4670

It looks like your laptop isn't able to detect the modes supported by your TV. Try reinstalling the graphics drivers. And make sure you are selecting dual monitor modes.

If you use the clone monitor mode, the OS sends the same signals to your laptop's LCD and the TV. If your laptop's LCD has a max resolution limit, your TV will also have that limit. Your friend's inspiron might have a higher limit for its LCD and thus it might be working on his laptop.

Use the dual monitor mode. In this mode, separate signals are sent to both the displays.

...oh well, check with the manual if the TV supports FullHD thru D-Sub connection (PC).

If so one way would be VGA to DVI and then DVi to HDMI but thats just stupid i feel,

there is some setting going wrong if the TV supports FullHD thru the VGA cable.

....Will read up more once home and try to help you out...

Back