Android Can't uninstall via adb: com.rjio.slc

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Does anyone know what this app is? Not able to uninstall it using adb, this is the error I get:

1662034388954.png

This is on a Nokia C01 Plus. Edit: I'm sure this is related to the Jio tie-up Nokia has, and I uninstalled the other app MyJio. But why can't I uninstall this one?

It may be integrated with the rest of the OS. Can you disable it ?
Doesn't show up in apps list, including when show system apps is enabled.

Clearing out hidden device admins usually will allow you to uninstall these apps.
Thanks. I checked device admin before doing adb uninstall, not listed there. Just checked with malwarebytes, that doesn't read it either.

It appears to be the controlling app for subsidy lock https://unlockworldwide.com/2011/11/what-is-a-mobile-subsidy/ for when the phone is sold through Jio outlets with a Jio connection. My Vi connection works fine in this so I don't think it's active, but I'd still like to be able to remove it. However, as per this patent application from Google, I think they've integrated subsidy locks with Android and it won't be removable: https://patents.google.com/patent/US10397001B2/en . Not sure though, haven't gone through that in detail.

Oh well. If it's just a dormant subsidy lock, should be harmless enough I guess.

Last edited:
This is what really pisses me off. Nothing is entirely ours anymore. Region locking, operator locking, and then punishing people for providing easy unlocks. What we have come to quite often beggars belief.

Lmao

Edit: occurs to me that this may refer to (being) nice is free but I read it differently at first glance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-230913_Trebuchet-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220902-230913_Trebuchet-01.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 78
Does anyone know what this app is? Not able to uninstall it using adb, this is the error I get:

View attachment 144853

This is on a Nokia C01 Plus. Edit: I'm sure this is related to the Jio tie-up Nokia has, and I uninstalled the other app MyJio. But why can't I uninstall this one?
You should still be able to disable it. Better to do it from the app manager if "Disable is enabled" or otherwise you should be able to do 'pm disable-user --user 0 com.rjio.slc', unless it is a protected package, in which case you are out of luck.

Thanks but it doesn't show up in the app list. Don't have a pc right now so I'll try disabling via adb when I can.

Back