Cant view computers on LAN

cowax

Disciple
I have 2 OS on my machine , Win XP x64 and Win XP SP1.
My computer is on LAN (Sify broadband), and in my XP x64, I can view everyone on my LAN from microsoft windows network.
But apparently i cant on my XP pro SP1...NETBios is on Default (on), LMHOSTS is also cheked.
If i try using a ip scanner, i do see all of those pc's in XP Pro, but i just see my computer in microsoft windows networkand not the others.. what am i missing here ??

you have to be in the same workgroup as the other computers.
Check the workgroup you've entered in the x64 OS and apply the same to the SP1 version. It should work then.

user groups?..i mean the work groups...mabbe u r on a diff work group..did u try the network setup wizard? I think the default workgroup is MSHOME :S
edit: lol, tracer n me at the same time :p

haha...kk

i'm not on a diff workgroup...in xp x64...when i enter microsft windows netwok, i can see various workgroups there...i can also create my own workgroup (which i have in xpx64) and see my self there..along with the other..

this problem is not abt workgroups...its abt sumthing else...cant figure out wht.

subnet's by default are 255.255.255.0.... thats the same for sify, so i dont thinks its that.

Try runnin the network setup wizard again.
Its wierd, that it works in xp x64 and not in XP Pro.
Odd :S. I thought it wud be the other way around.

Back