Android Canvas Nitro boots into recovery mode

vigilante

Adept
My Micromax canvas nitro A311 suddenly started booting into Android recovery mode. If I perform a reboot from recovery or just keep it idle in recovery mode, it again reboots to recovery after showing the micromax canvas animation. The phone is not rooted and was running the stock rom.
What are my options?
I'm thinking of doing a data backup from the recovery and then try and install a custom/stock rom.
Any suggestions welcome.

Read through some XDA forums and all the methods of flashing rom listed are through PC using YGDP tool on a rooted phone.
But since the USB debugging is not enabled on the phone, will I be able to connect the phone to PC? I tried downloading the drivers but ADB is not detecting the phone.
I'm assuming I won't be able to install TWRP or any custom recovery since the phone is not rooted.
Also, the default recovery is not allowing me to do a data backup citing no space available even though I have added an SD card.
What would happen if I just download a stock a311 rom and install from the default recovery after doing a factory reset? Can that cause a problem?

If your device is rebooting into recovery, I would advice to check if there is any issue with the buttons. Look at the simplest reason for the problem, then proceed further till you get to the root of the issue.

If your device is rebooting into recovery, I would advice to check if there is any issue with the buttons. Look at the simplest reason for the problem, then proceed further till you get to the root of the issue.
How should I proceed for that?
One strange thing I noticed is that, in recovery mode the Volume Up button is working as selection while power button just hides/shows the options. Volume down works properly as scroll down.

Back