Captivate Issue

CoverSpark

Oh beautiful.
Disciple
hey guys , i just bought a AT&T Variant of Samsung Captivate running Serendipity VII and i am on Loop Mobile that was BPL before in mumbai , i guess its just available in mumbai but still , i am having a small issue with it i guess ..

when i bought it , it was fully unlocked and neat as i inserted my sim and turned it on at my home , it had no network and as i tried to call somebody it gave an error * Mobile Network not Found *

i was so panicked i went to the loop mobile store and the attendent there just did some casual stuffs and it showed Loop Mobile on the main screen , i was surprised but as i left it and after 3-4 min's i tried to call my mom , the same error came and afterwards going through the same stuffs the attendent did it showed Loop Mobile again in Network Devices and i made a call to my friend i talked for a while, yet again as i entered my house the network trembled and the same error came * mobile network not found *

again as i went out for some work , my mobile started vibrating and i saw someones call coming , the network again started ..

the guy who i buyed it from was able to use his AirTel number on it and even now i see AirTel in Network Devices even inside my house but no Loop Mobile ...

any help with this guys ?

i am seriously very very new to Android Devices !

please help , thanks in advance !

As I told you earlier, pls use a Airtel or Vodaphone SIM and see if you can get the network consistently inside your house. If you can then it's a network/SIM issue else it is a phone issue.

Although I used the phone for more than one day with Airtel SIM without any issue.

EDIT-----

Did you configured the phone to use 2G (GSM) only? Because in 2G/3G dual mode if the 3G signal is weak phone loses signal and it takes some time to fall back to 2G.

trying a Vodaphone sim now

nope sorry , it dosent even detects vodaphone in my home and outside , same error * mobile network not found *

there is just airtel as a carrier in network operators and some numbers , no vodaphone when a vodaphone sim is used and no Loop my own sim also when its used !

Do you have any friends who can help you with flashing the stock ROM?

If yes try to flash the stock ROM.

Let me know I can guide you or your friend.

Else return the phone to me, I'll refund you.

#archat68 , Arup Sir, did you use Helroz's Galaxy S Unlock from the market to unlock the phone?

If yes, then #CoverSpark

1. Check for IMIE no. in the phone settings. If ot is different from the one mentioned behind the battery, then

2. download the mentioned app from the market, and use it to restore original nav_bin files to the phone. This will unlock your phone again.

Now, reboot your phone, and using the same app, unlock your phone again by going through the steps mentioned in the app. This should solve your problem.

If it does not, then post back here.

#archat68 , Arup Sir, did you use Helroz's Galaxy S Unlock from the market to unlock the phone?

If yes, then #CoverSpark

1. Check for IMIE no. in the phone settings. If ot is different from the one mentioned behind the battery, then

2. download the mentioned app from the market, and use it to restore original nav_bin files to the phone. This will unlock your phone again.

Now, reboot your phone, and using the same app, unlock your phone again by going through the steps mentioned in the app. This should solve your problem.

If it does not, then post back here.

Yes I did used Helroz's GS unlock
<

BTW which application you are talking about?

I am talking about Helroz's GS Unlock app only. This problem mentioned by OP is frequent in phones unlocked using Helroz's app. So OP should once follow the steps i have mentioned in my previous post. It might solve the problem.

OK. Cool.

#CoverSpark

Download and install the Galaxy S Unlock application from market. If you can't access market download it from below link in your PC and copy to phone and install it.

http://www.multiupload.com/ZLLHCNKB9B

Once installed run the program and select "restore saved EFS folder", your phone will be locked again. Reboot without SIM and run the program again and perform steps from step 1 serially. But you'll have to have a wi-fi connection and enable wi-fi in your phone to access the internet when unlocking the phone.

However, if you don't feel comfortable, just return the phone as it is, I'll give you refund.

i dont have any wifi in my house , this was my first android purchase , having 3G and wifi were things i'd planned for the later part, i'll have shipp it back tomorow
<

I can send you a replacement or refund as you like. But again there is no problem with the phone, the problem is with the software (or firmware) or the corrupt IMEI no. Have you checked the IMEI no as mentioned by Gauge?

I had the same issue but flashing back to stock ROM solved it. I could find network by searching, even register to my DOCOMO network but never connected. I flashed back to stock and everything worked out.

@OP, if you are willing to do it, i can provide a step by step procedure for flashing.

@archat68, which ROM is it running??

U guys are missing the main thing if the IMEI is intact then this has to be the modem issue just flash a different modem and all will be okie. Link for the captivate modems http://soggycashew.w...897-modems.html

Flashing a modem doesnt do the trick sometimes. I tried it but didnt work. Flashing back to stock is the best method.

I had the same issue but flashing back to stock ROM solved it. I could find network by searching, even register to my DOCOMO network but never connected. I flashed back to stock and everything worked out.

@OP, if you are willing to do it, i can provide a step by step procedure for flashing.

@archat68, which ROM is it running??

Flashing a modem doesnt do the trick sometimes. I tried it but didnt work. Flashing back to stock is the best method.

Serendipity VII

I also think that either flashing a new modem or Stock ROM would solve the problem. Strange thing is I used the phone for more than 24 hours after flashing the ROM, first with a Docomo SIM (for a short while) and then with my regular Airtel SIM. No problem touchwood. Received and made quite a few calls.

Let the OP respond about the IMIE thing, if that is not the problem then flashing back to stock can be of some help.

Stock or custom the phones connects to the network through modem so it has to be the modem issue ill ask the OP to flash a different modem, What i remember the serendipity uses JV6 i would say just flash JK4 and it will solve ur problem.

Received the phone and there is no problem at all with the phone. Here are two photos with a T24(Dococmo) and Reliance SIM. Registers within a second. Haven't tried Airtel yet since that was already working.

I repeatedly asked the buyer to select the GSM only mode under mobile network. He didn't (it was auto mode). May be 3G signal is weak in his place. Whatever the reason I lost Rs. 400 for shipping the phone and add to that the headache. This is my worst online selling experience ever.
<

http://imageshack.us...0116200604.jpg/

Issued him full refund.

Back