Car & Bike Car Audio system

red_devil

Disciple
Dad's getting a new car in around 10 days. The car is SWIFT VXI. Since it doesn't come with a factory fitted audio system, we'll have to get it done ourselves. So I need all the advice I can get.

My dad's the one who's going to be driving the car everyday and he isn't too much of a music buff or anything. All he actually cares about is something to listen to while he's stuck in the traffic.

So basically what we'll need is a an audio player which supports CD and USB drive. I have no clue about the speakers that can be fit into a SWIFT.

Now the Queries :

1. How much would a mid range system cost?
  2. Which company/make/model would be a good choices?
  3. Where should the system be bought? I mean the dealer or a 3rd party?
  4. Things that need to be kept in mind while choosing one.

Your expert opinion please.. {any and all info welcome}

Visit Team-bhp.com forum for detail info

One thing I can tell you that, no matter what happens.. stay away from SONY
At least go for Pioneer.

I need only a simple system for the car and those guys will only have things that make noise that can be heard 100 meters away. I don't need all that complicated/highfunda stuff. Simple/Basic stuff.

What makes you think Tbhp is full of people who crave for loud setups ? :p
I also am a Tbhp member and have a decent enough audio setup in my swift vdi. Its not loud ;)

^ those people are car lunatics with too much of technical detail - most of the words they use I wouldn't have even heard of :p

btw, what do you think is a good set up? And more importantly is it better to get the thing done from the car dealer or some third party?

You could consider this,

Pioneer HU with USB support ~ 8-10k
6" Co-Axial speakers upfront ~ 3-5k
6" Co-Axial speakers at rear
OR
6x9 ovals on rear parcel tray ~ 4-6k

Installation ~ 1-2k max.

This should suffice your need in my opinion.

Not much of a difference because car dealers usually tie up with some third party installer and offer him space in the showroom.
So if you know a specific store at your place which is well known for doing setups then its better to get it done from outside or else from the dealer. Ofcourse if the dealer is ready to supply you with equipment you ask for and doesnt push for brands he sells.

Back