OC & Modding Car Coolant ratio

Naga

Skilled
I'm using TT II Aquarius. Ambient temps average around 32 to 35 C. I'm hitting 60+ temps without any overclock. Any one got any ideas about ideal coolant/ water ratios to be used with car coolants?

what thermal compounds you are using?
Also you need to be very precise in mounting TT Aq2. The Athlon XP clips are little weak. That was one of the drawbacks of TT Aqurious 2. If you have mounting holes holes on the board then try using the H claamp fitting insted.
The clips dosent put enough pressure on the core making improper contact.Try giving those pins the little bend in the upword direction so that they will put more pressure.
Also move the radiator outside the case. THat helps a lot too.

About coolent water ratio, make it 1:4 at max.

Arctic Silver5. The clamps are holding fast.About moving the radiator outside, I'll always have to keep my panel open. Or cut up my Cab. Anyways, I have a front intake fan just in front of the radiator.Should suffice,wot?Thanks neways.

nah you wont have to cut the side pannel.
Run your tubes out through an empty PCI slot area outside and then connect the rad there.
The problem is even if the clamps look ok they do not exert enough downword pressure.
If you have the camera post the pics of the whole setup with side open. Theni will edit that pic with schematic so it will be easire for you.
I have used this kit since the days of my Barton. I ended up making my own claming mechanism for it.

I'm using car coolant in 1:4 ratio....

However, they've recommended 1:2 for use in cars, and 1:1 ratio for chilly weather....

PS : Castrol Engine Coolant on a DD TDX here

Back