Car & Bike car heating up-maruti 800

bitspilani

Disciple
Hi
i have a 15 yr old maruti which is overheating. These is no problem with thermostat.

now i am in deilemna should i get my old radiatir cleaned or buy a new one ?

washing/cleaning is costing 400 bucks and new radiator costs 2500(copper):huh:

Why not try cleaning it and if it doesn't work replace it. I guess you would need a new one especially since its old and if it was not properly maintained

There are some radiator flush available in the market. try that. Also check the radiator fan - though it may run but there is possibility that it is running at lower rpm due faulty bearing etc. Also check the water pump and all associated pipes with the cooling system for any blockage.

bitspilani said:
Hi
i have a 15 yr old maruti which is overheating. These is no problem with thermostat.

now i am in deilemna should i get my old radiatir cleaned or buy a new one ?

washing/cleaning is costing 400 bucks and new radiator costs 2500(copper):huh:
if there are no leaks in your current radiator then it doesn't makes sense getting a new one.
get your old radiator cleaned manually by some professionals locally,then fill it up with coolant in the ratio of 1 to 1 i.e. one part of coolant with one part of water. :)
i'll suggest you to use distilled water than normal water :)

PS - if your thermostat valve has done more than 4 years then i'll suggest you to replace that as well,it'll cost you around 300/-

do get your fan checked one of my friend had same problem because fan was not moving proper speed . i hope it fix your problem and save your money

Get the water body checked. Also have you got the vehicle fitness done and RC reissued as the car has done 15 years?

well my mechanics says its best to change the radiator.

Please tell which company radioator should i buy s radiator is ranging from 1000-2500

@mastersquall Can you guide me to the exact thread about the guy restoring his M800. I too am interested in getting my old M800 restored not that much old just 21 years :ashamed:

I have recently started driving and I am looking forward to do all my practice on old car instead of damaging the new one :p

I have already bought a Wagon R Vxi in Jan and am learning on Santro from a driving school. M800 would be used to improve my driving skills before I get on to the Wagon R :p

Back