Car & Bike Car Under 5L

krates

Disciple
Guys I will most probably buy the car in next month..

This will be my first car I don't have much knowledge about technical parts of car.. I have recently started learning Driving..

My basic needs from the car will be

Less maintenance

Good mileage

Should be less problematic

Should have good handling and braking

Should have above average looks

Mostly driving will be in busy streets of kanpur and on weekends will probably go to the highways..

Cars in mind are

Chevy Beat Top Model

Fiat Punto

Polo (does this comes under 5l?)

Swift

Do we get a Swift for under 5L? As in, on road price? Asking this since I need to dispose off my family's good old 99' model Zen and I have a similar price point in mind.

@desecrator - A new Swift VXi is for around 5.1L on-road. A good car, but comes with a hefty waiting period (most places around 2-3 months minimum)

@krates - I think the Swift will fit your budget nicely. You can look at the Polo Comfortline too - Comes to a on-road of 5.2L. But then again a waiting period of 4 months or so.

Buddy buy a used swift it would be perfect if you did not use or drove any car before
bec my personal advice if you buy new car and new to drive you wont be havin peace of mind to drive and yo may face small small accidents
if buying new get swift bec you ll get parts in every street easy maintance even you also can repair it & even resale value

if ford only the trained technicians and each time you have to give in company service center which may give you a heavy bill
dont go for fiat the company will vanish for sometime then they ll come back and even new resale value

i think polo for 5.2l comes with a 1.4 litre engine and its a powerful machine for the highways

my advice take maruti swift the best car in market for more than 4 years i guess

Anyone looking for a swift, do take a look at Ritz. Its a more complete package IMO. Somehow I did not appreciate the interior feel of the Beat. Definitely cool if you are in the driver's seat but step back and you start feeling the cost cuttings. The bad placement of the handle. Add to it the constant engine hum and its a irritable experience, at least to me.

Figo looks average to me thats why I discarded it.. waiting period is not much of a problem.. if polo comes within 5.2 then I am getting it but does this meets my requirement ?

Check out Ritz Diesel, real good car IMO. Gives an average of 21-22kmpl in the city.

But if I was you, I'd go in for the Polo! That's one beaut of a car, I saw one on road today and couldn't help look twice, its posh, its sweet, its VW!

^The Polo looks good from the outside but the interiors suck. Totally! After having seen it I completely lost faith in VW. I thought the Germans made good cars for the not-so-rich ones as well. :(

Desecrator said:
^The Polo looks good from the outside but the interiors suck. Totally! After having seen it I completely lost faith in VW. I thought the Germans made good cars for the not-so-rich ones as well. :(

True. teh exteriors are pretty nice, but the interiors are so-so, at least they seemed to be like that once i had seen the i20 which comes for teh same price tag and gives better features. But well, everyone has their own choices. Look at the i20 Era too for that range. Comes to around 5.13 on-road.

Don't.

My friend got the Chevy beat and I drove it, the pick up/acceleration of the car is horrible.Plus the 3 years thing is a total sham, my friend recently got his car serviced and he got billed for 4k, I call BS.

I just got back from test driving all the cars coz I've got a similar budget.
1) Fiat Punto -> Over priced for the features, not very comfortable for my height(6' 4"). Could get into the 1.4 Emotion as it had tilt steering.
Couldn't test drive this as they didn't have sufficient people. Also its way over budget.
Price for the base 1.2l Active is 5.13L
2) VW Polo -> Very underpowered, crappy gearbox, GREAT looks(best looking car in the segment, especially the top end test car they had.. WOW!), pricey and the base model(1.2 trendline) comes in at 5.3L.
3) Ford Figo -> The best packaged car in the segment. Very nice build quality, roomy. The 1.2 ZXI was a good buy at 4.84L. Good pickup, average brakes the only drawback.
4) Maruti Suzuki Ritz -> Initially i was a little apprehensive about getting yet another maruti on road, test drove the Ritz with the new Kappa engine.. omg I was taken aback! All plus points to the Ritz which beat the Figo by a good margin coz of the great engine.
The Ritz VXI without ABS is at 5.17L. And coz of akshaya tritiya the dealer offered flat 20k off the price! a few accessories which u otherwise had to buy like floor mats, mud flaps etc. are given as standard at no extra cost. Only drawback on the Ritz was no music system. But given the -20k for a 15 day period I think it should more than make up for the cost. Great headroom.. I've most likely decided on the Ritz.

All prices are on-road, and from dealers i visited in Bangalore today~

hmm I am also thinking of going with the RITZ because of its good looks.. How is the mileage of the ritz..?

And does cars free servicing cost 4k??????

Back