Graphic Cards card needed for agp budget 10k

jayeshm27

Recruit
Hey guys my 9800 pro died last night .... its fried and dead in the water....

My system is purely an agp one ( asus k8v 1 gb ram 3.2 amd xp 64 bit )
i am looking for a new card with a budget of 10 k... i game a fair bit. however at this stage upgrading to pci-e is not going to make sense for me... maybe later in the yr

( got plans for dual core +sli but that is a new rig )
i have been checking out various threads... from the looks of it 6600 gt seems to be my best bet...i am looking for 256 mb ram on the card..
Please do give your input on this issue.

256MB on a 6600GT is useless. Stick to the 128MB. You could also look at the X800GTO AGP if you can stretch your budget. As a matter of fact my 9800 pro died as well. Thankfully I managed to get my hands on a X800XT AIW :D.

Be wary btw... you may not be impressed by the IQ of current NV cards. They look completely washed out in front of radeons. Digital Vibrance doesnt help... All it does is make the image look psychedelic. Jaber who was at my home and saw the x800xt side by side to a 6800U can testify for that.

OT: @ jayeshM27 , Chaos,
Both ur 9800 pro cards died. so what are you guys doing with it.

wanna gift / donate / sell (Throw away price) to me for academic interest (failure analysis) only ??

if yes , kindly contact me ....
thanks.

deejay said:
OT: @ jayeshM27 , Chaos,
Both ur 9800 pro cards died. so what are you guys doing with it.

wanna gift / donate / sell (Throw away price) to me for academic interest (failure analysis) only ??

if yes , kindly contact me ....
thanks.
Hehe deejay I've already RMA'ed it thru a friend. Gonna collect it when I go there in a month or so.

Back