Graphic Cards cards from abroad

Me..

Got my X800XL in July 2005. Still working fine no issues. Had some heating problems in the middle. Fixed that by reapplying the thermal paste.

Me :p. ATI X1900XTX from Compusa. Paid quite a bit (~40$) more than newegg price but thats okay for instant gratification :p. Still working fine with no issues.

Inno 3D 7800GT from Singapore (Got it from Harshal Actually).

Had a minor powering issue, but a bit of hand soldering which I did seemed to iron it out.

Working perfect, touch wood !

targetblimp said:
so if i buy a card 8800 gtx from america it will works just fine. No AC/DC current issues?

lol ... you wont need to power it from from the mains ... it will draw the power from the psu through 2x6-pin pci-e power connectors :)

I bought a 6800 GT from the USA.

It died. Sent it back to the US spending some 2K on shipping. Then Chaos was kind enough to bring it back. When I tried it in my comp, it was dead.

I have to send ti back again now.....

PriyoBan said:
There you go... proves my point. Although I might add that if the amount you save is significant then the risk is worth taking.
That was a BFG. I believe Sandy's 6800GT (again BFG?) crapped out as well. My eVGA 6800GT, older than theirs, is still running.

RiO said:
That was a BFG. I believe Sandy's 6800GT (again BFG?) crapped out as well. My eVGA 6800GT, older than theirs, is still running.

yes.... Sandy's BFG also crapped out and he ALSO got a crapped out card as replacement....

Do not buy BFG anymore.... their cards suck and so does their support. Getting a dead card back from RMA is really lame :|

i thought of buying a 8800. but newegg doesn't believe in delivering internationally.:(

269$ for a 8800 gts 320 MB ain't bad.but too bad.....:annoyed:

Back