Career confusion

prince980

Disciple
Dear Friends,
I'm a B.Tech 3rd year c.s.e student and i have learnt programming languages like c,c++,java.I have always been fascinated by games and the gaming industry.All i ever wanted to do was to work for a reputated game company..

I have never worked on any animation video or have done any 3d modelling(newbie).We have a subject called computer graphics this semester..Maybe it will give me a basic idea.
1. how do i get into the gaming industry???

2. could anyone tell me what languages i should have a grip on or what softwares i need to be working on..

Probably the most fun and most tedious job would be a game tester..but the pay would be very less.

Sorry for the long post...TIA(Didn't know where to post this..Please move it to the appropriate section )

1.Complete B.Tech with good percentage(very imp)

2.Be perfect in the following subjects.

*DataStructures

*Design and analysis of algorithms

*Computer Graphics

3.join some diploma coure in animation and gaming from some good institution in ur free time.

Later tell me if u don't get into your favourite field.:)

you will get it sure.

Even u can form a small group and develop some games ur selves

Dude, you are having Computer graphics this semister......... So you will get More ideas about the Graphics And animation in "Our" Field........

As per my knowledge the languages that used mostly are C,C++(basically in Auto CAD,CAD-CAM kinda s/w.s).. So be perfect in those languages and Data structures too...('Trees' and 'graphs' are most preferable structures in games)...

And if you have further Interest You can join any of the animation courses(Tech Hunter beats me).....:hap2:

Back