Career guidance: Pune CDAC diploma in info system and cyber sec

rapt0r

Adept
I finished my BE in IT this year and waiting for results( most probab first class.. my 7 sem was 68% ) , since the placement opportunities are very less in current economic recession .. i was thinking of some higher studies. I am very comfortable with programming and networking concepts, linux,etc ( got a sys admin job for time being ) .

CDAC has been providing some good short term diploma courses which i am planning to join . Here's the details of DISCS in pune ( diploma in info system and cyber sec ) .

http://acts.cdac.in/actsonline/Website/Html_asp/Homepg/cyber_security_bro.asp

CDAC will be conducting CET and a personal interview after that to shortlist the candidates. I need opinion of some seasoned IT guys here about the scope of these kind of courses if i give a good shot and get selected in this course. Is this worth the time and money along with my BE degree ?

Other than this i am planning a GRE attempt at the end of the year.

stalker has worked with CDAC for a while. He could help you with the details.

As for the GRE attempt, I'd suggest you start preparing right away and give a shot ASAP. Do not wait! The longer you wait, it gets excruciating. Preparation time's pretty much subjective and I wouldn't want to comment on that. But I suggest you start preparing right away. Best wishes! :)

^thx, however I am keeping GRE as lsat thing to do right now .. even if i give attempt this year i won't be going out this year most probably . I might give it maybe next year if i don't get a good job/admission here. If anyone can give info on cdac DISCS like scope,placement,packages,etc. then lemme know :).

I2IT Pune is a great institute for higher studies and research... admissions are open, read more about the courses offered!

The International Institute of Information Technology Pune or Isquareit Pune is located at the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, Hinjawadi in Pune. I2IT Pune is a recognized research center for Ph.D in Electronics & Telecom, Computer Engineering and Information Technology of University of Pune & Devi Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidhyalaya (DAVV), Indore. It is a center of higher studies in the field of Information Technology. I2IT Pune is situated close to the offices of top IT companies, like Infosys, Wipro, Tata Technologies and Cognizant.

Isquareit Pune was founded by Mr. Pralhad P. Chhabria who is a well-known industrialist as well as philanthropist and is also the Chairman of the Finolex Group of Companies, and Mr. Kishan P. Chhabria, Managing Director of Finolex Industries Ltd. Isquareit Pune was dedicated to nation by Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, the then President of India in the year 2003.

Affiliated to: International Institute of Information Technology Pune

Courses:

Post Graduate:
School Of Management

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Business Management (APGP-BM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Information Technology Management (APGP-ITM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Telecom Management (APGP-TCM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Biotech Management (APGP-BTM)

School Of Engineering Technology

M.Tech in Computational Fluid Dynamics (M.Tech-CFD) (in association with UPES, Dehradun)

M.Tech in Oil & Gas Engineering (M.Tech-OGE) (in association with UPES, Dehradun)

MBA in Oil & Gas Management (MBA-OGM) (in association with UPES, Dehradun)

Advanced Post Graduate Programmes:

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Software Technologies (APGP-ST)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Networking & Telecommunications (APGP-NTC)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Embedded Systems Design (APGP-ESD)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Microelectronics & VLSI Design (APGP-MVD)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Biotechnology (APGP-BT)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology (APGP-NST)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Intelligent Systems & Robotics (APGP-ISR)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Business Management (APGP-BM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Information Technology Management (APGP-ITM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Telecom Management (APGP-TCM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Biotech Management (APGP-BTM)

M Tech, MBA

Doctorate:

Offered

Eligibility:

Post Graduate:

ME / M Tech

The candidate should have done his or her Higher Secondary Examination and Bachelor?s degree in the relevant subject with adequate marks.

MBA

The candidate should have cleared Bachelor?s degree with relevant subject with minimum 50% of marks from any recognized University.

Doctorate:

Master' degree in any relevant field is necessary to be eligible for this Doctorate course.

Admission Procedure:

Post Graduate:

ME / M Tech

The admission is based on the Online Entrance test which is held by the institute or the candidate?s scores in the CET/ ATMA / CAT / GATE / MAT / GMAT / GRE / XAT written test and the personal interview, if necessary.

MBA

Online entrance test is taken out or the candidates? scores in the CET/ ATMA / CAT / GATE / MAT / GMAT / GRE / XAT written test and personal interview as necessary for the admission in this program.

Entrance Test: CAT Exam, ATMA Exam, GATE, MAT Exam, XAT Exam

Doctorate:

The admission process is on the basis of the entrance test and personal interview of the candidate.

Facilities:

Sports

Placements

Digital library

High tech gymnasium

Cultural activities

Contact Address:

Isquareit Pune

P-14, Pune InfoTech Park Phase - 1,

Hinjawadi

Pune - 411 057

Maharashtra

Phone: +91-20-22933441

Fax: +91-20-22934192

Email: info@isquareit.ac.in

Website: IsquareIT, SOET,PG courses in Computational Fluid Dynamics, MBA Oil & Gas, MBA Petroleum Management,MBA Oil & Gas management,CFD courses in India

Back