Car & Bike Cars and Bikes you Drool on

Drooling on it, (and its within aukaat to a certain extent)

products-montraroad-unplugged.jpg

Its been 50 years, and muscle cars can still not corner properly. <shakes head>

It's not a conventional muscle car but carries the name of one and can corner like any other good European sports car - Chevy Stingray C7.

Also, these muscle cars are usually very cheap. Have seen many people modify them in to monsters that corner really well and they even race them.

It's not a conventional muscle car but carries the name of one and can corner like any other good European sports car - Chevy Stingray C7.

Also, these muscle cars are usually very cheap. Have seen many people modify them in to monsters that corner really well and they even race them.

The car looks very unsettled at 0:05 in the video while taking a corner.

And is that tyre squeal at 0:31 - 0:33. While taking a corner? At what speed? Looks like 40mph to me. Straight line monsters. Well, not even that, because Supra owned them at that. In the modders circuit.

And to further my point. Jeremy clarkson S19E3 Race to milan. Mustang cant take a corner

The car looks very unsettled at 0:05 in the video while taking a corner.

And is that tyre squeal at 0:31 - 0:33. While taking a corner? At what speed? Looks like 40mph to me. Straight line monsters. Well, not even that, because Supra owned them at that. In the modders circuit.

And to further my point. Jeremy clarkson S19E3 Race to milan. Mustang cant take a corner
I am talking about Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7. Take a look at that when you have time.
Also I used to watch a show on YT by the name of Big Muscle on The Drive channel and they showcased several modified muscle cars which were used by their owners strictly for racing and they sure could corner and at 1/3rd the cost of the costly Ferraris etc.

I am talking about Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7. Take a look at that when you have time.
Also I used to watch a show on YT by the name of Big Muscle on The Drive channel and they showcased several modified muscle cars which were used by their owners strictly for racing and they sure could corner and at 1/3rd the cost of the costly Ferraris etc.

For crying out loud, the 'Vette is not a Muscle car.

And very pretentious on your part to ask me to go read, when you yourself don't know the distinction between an Muscle and a Sports car.

the following is from www.Chevrolet.com:

"1953 Chevrolet Corvette
In 1952, GM styling head Harley Earl and a small team of designers set out to create an American sports car using innovative fiberglass body construction. Crowds thronged the resulting roadster — the Chevrolet Corvette — at the 1953 GM Motorama. A production version, powered by a warmed-up Chevy 6, followed. A few years later, GM engineer Zora Arkus-Duntov, a Russian-born émigré who knew his way around European sports car racing, gave Corvette its high-performance heart. Duntov massaged Ed Cole’s elegantly simple and lightweight 1955 Chevy small-block V8 into a racing engine competitive in most any arena. By 1956, a Corvette race car with the right factory authorized parts could give nearly any car in the world a good run. And that was just the beginning."

It was designed to be a Sports car. It has been marketed as a sports car. ALWAYS

"Take a look at that when you have time."

Last edited:
For crying out loud, the 'Vette is not a Muscle car.

And very pretentious on your part to ask me to go read, when you yourself don't know the distinction between an Muscle and a Sports car.

the following is from www.Chevrolet.com:

"1953 Chevrolet Corvette
In 1952, GM styling head Harley Earl and a small team of designers set out to create an American sports car using innovative fiberglass body construction. Crowds thronged the resulting roadster — the Chevrolet Corvette — at the 1953 GM Motorama. A production version, powered by a warmed-up Chevy 6, followed. A few years later, GM engineer Zora Arkus-Duntov, a Russian-born émigré who knew his way around European sports car racing, gave Corvette its high-performance heart. Duntov massaged Ed Cole’s elegantly simple and lightweight 1955 Chevy small-block V8 into a racing engine competitive in most any arena. By 1956, a Corvette race car with the right factory authorized parts could give nearly any car in the world a good run. And that was just the beginning."

It was designed to be a Sports car. It has been marketed as a sports car. ALWAYS

"Take a look at that when you have time."

First of all, is there a reason why you have to take things so personally. That line that you took to heart was meant to mean well, as in you might have better things to do and not a take on your knowledge.

Secondly, show me a powerful car that is cheap and can corner well. Everyone knows that muscle cars were just repurposed machines where powerful engines were thrown into your regular sedans and a few upgrades thrown here and there and viola, companies had a new product they could make money off without much R&D. Everyone knows muscle cars are only popular because they give you highest HP for your money. It's the same reason why hot-hatches are getting popular by the day. So in a way you already knew the answer to your question.

Hence, I bought up the Corvette as that is a better choice when you want to compare American cars to it's European counterparts.

P.S. - I love European cars myself but a C7 at just 100 grand does make one question the sanity of the choice to buy something that costs nearly 3 times. Having said that I would however buy a F-type over a C7 anyday.

1: First of all, is there a reason why you have to take things so personally. That line that you took to heart was meant to mean well, as in you might have better things to do and not a take on your knowledge.

2: Secondly, show me a powerful car that is cheap and can corner well. Everyone knows that muscle cars were just repurposed machines where powerful engines were thrown into your regular sedans and a few upgrades thrown here and there and viola, companies had a new product they could make money off without much R&D. Everyone knows muscle cars are only popular because they give you highest HP for your money. It's the same reason why hot-hatches are getting popular by the day. So in a way you already knew the answer to your question.

3: Hence, I bought up the Corvette as that is a better choice when you want to compare American cars to it's European counterparts.

P.S. - I love European cars myself but a C7 at just 100 grand does make one question the sanity of the choice to buy something that costs nearly 3 times. Having said that I would however buy a F-type over a C7 anyday.

1: Sorry. Peace.
hug.gif

2: Hyundai Genesis, Nissan 370Z, Subaru WRX STi, Evo, M3, M4, Miata, Focus ST, Fiesta ST
M5(same price as the c7, better built, more seats, 560 BHP engine)

3: Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed with the muscle cars. Its as if they just dont want to put money in them. I mean, I shudder at how Ford can make its european hot hatches corner so well, and make the 'Stang shit handling.
Fair point on the BHP/$ point.

PS: 'Vette C7 over an M5. Now thats a subject for debate.

1: Sorry. Peace.
hug.gif

2: Hyundai Genesis, Nissan 370Z, Subaru WRX STi, Evo, M3, M4, Miata, Focus ST, Fiesta ST
M5(same price as the c7, better built, more seats, 560 BHP engine)

3: Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed with the muscle cars. Its as if they just dont want to put money in them. I mean, I shudder at how Ford can make its european hot hatches corner so well, and make the 'Stang shit handling.
Fair point on the BHP/$ point.

PS: 'Vette C7 over an M5. Now thats a subject for debate.

2. All those cars are brilliant but none of them offer a V8 for just $30k. A brand new 2015 Mustang GT can be bought for $30k and it offers a 5L V8 with 435HP. None of the other cars are even close. They might be great handlers but US is a market for straight-liners and even for normal highway driving, one will have more fun with the higher HP of the Mustang.

3) Thing is they are just catering to their customer base. Europe has smaller roads and more twisties whereas US has vast highways. One will enjoy a Fiesta ST more on the normal European roads just like they would have more fun in a powerful muscle car in the US.

C7 vs M5 is a brilliant matchup. The Vette will leave the M5 behind on a track due to it's brilliant chassis and lighter weight. In a straight line the M5 will nearly always come out on top. Having said that, the C7 has huge potential for upgrades and an insane catalogue of aftermarket performance parts which can turn it into a straight line monster. The M5 is a more practical car but BMWs decision to lock the ECU has left many fans disappointed.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and will be going to post few or the other things every now and then. Please forgave me if I post inappropriately, for sure I will take care so as not to trouble others. Here is my loved vehicle which I always used to admire since the days of fast and furious first after looking for cars !! Well my journey started from Small village to USA, thank to God and blessings of parents. I am here to share after the fulfillment of my long dream cherishing since years. I bought a Ford Mustang, here is my drool, I am overwhelmed. Blessings needed from you guys
2018-ford-mustang-ecoboost-shadow-black-1.JPG

Back