Hi guys .
I m getting a conroe rig with specs :
E6300
mATX board D946 or G965 chipset
1g DDR2 533mhz
160Gb sata
DVD writer
XfX 7600gt 256mb
... i was plannin on building a system for gaming , keeping in mind Lan parties too.. wud love to take my rig to gaming events like SKOAR! ..
I searched for a few slim cases and i got the Zebronics
RED SEA
PLUTO etc
To get better cooling . im plannin on modding the case side panel. maybe add a fan or make it transparent+LED fan ;) .. guys ne ideas , help me with the case selection plz..ne1 using the above case b4?

SoulReaver said:
woooo .. looks nice :D .. how much does this baby cost? available in chennai? it doesnt come with a PSU ..hmmm

Check the price here.

Antec Super LanBoy

you will have to add a PSU.

Since you are adding a seperate GPU, better stick with a good 965 based ATX size mobo rather than mATX. The components are normally cramped and air circulation is a problem in a mATX board. Also you will get more PCI slots to add maybe a TV Tuner and something else in future without the cards being too close to the GPU.

woa .. 5.8k 0_0 damn that xpensive! ... + ill have to add a PSU.. ne other options?... hmm yea ur right abt the cooling...mATX + small case can heat up things... i wanted to fit a intake fan from top or front ; back exhaust fan ; and preferably one from the sides... i guess that wud provide enough cooling for the card (7600gt) ... conroe wont heat up that much.... abt overclocking conroe.. i guess stock speeds will do me fine for now .. esp with 7600gt onboard... once i get my next card (hopefully the next midrange dx 10 ) i might overclock E6300

if u wanna carry your machine for LAN parties and competitions.. save up for a few weeks/months.. SLB *is* the way to go.

and come to think of it, as you said u wanna mod ur case, buying an el cheapo case and modding it (considering u buy 3 more system fans like u intend to, that too ones with high CFM ..) end result ull be saving yourself money and the hassle of modding by getting an SLB, since its got a pretty good cooling solution without adding any mods anyways.

Back