Graphic Cards Catalyst issues with HD 6850

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with my graphic card. When i have tried the latest catalyst drivers ( 11.7, 11.8 recent ) . both drivers were unable to complete the windows experience index, and the Sample videos "Wildlife" runs for first time in WMP, and then the whole screen blacks out without BSOD. The sounds continue for sometime in background but then a constant buzzing sound comes. When i switched off my PC and turn it on, it showed Error : Windows has recovered from serious error " blue screen " and the files i got after the message are as below :

WER-36769-0.sysdata.xml - 209 KB
090311-22776-01.dmp - 256 KB

Now the most strange part is , When i install 11.6 version, everything runs fine.. windows experience index completes, pc doesnt show blackscreen while running Wildlife sample video with WMP. So, What's the issue here ? GPU faulty or Drivers have issue for HD 6850 ? Can you please point me to the right direction of any issues ? If possible can anyone help me with the above files as what are they ?

Thanks,
Ashis

I am running the same card as yours on 11.8. Mine completes the windows experience index neither I am getting BSODs.. I am looking for a solution for you...

Can you tell me exactly which version of WIN7 are you using?? Is it SP1?

591484e622e6e2af37.png

Another thing i want to add, I have reinstalled windows for more than 6 times in past 2 months , and 11.7 - 11.8 versions have failed to complete the assessment.

Here's the version :

[attachment=9323:15980.attach]

Attachments

• windows 7.jpg
    windows 7.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 90
I am quite sure that your copy of windows 7 must be a problem.

I am using Win7 ultimate 32bit 6.1.7600(Win7 RTM)

I hope you have installed Ati 64bit drivers.. ;)

I am myself using 11.8 on HD5770 and running Windows 7. I still advice OP to revert his driver back to 11.4 or 11.6 and see if the problem still persists and post back.

Just a buggy driver for your GPU. It can happen at times. I can bet you when 11.9 comes out it will run fine. No need to worry.

He has already mentioned that everything works fine when he goes back on 11.6 :)

Altair said:
I am myself using 11.8 on HD5770 and running Windows 7. I still advice OP to revert his driver back to 11.4 or 11.6 and see if the problem still persists and post back.

chiragsthakur said:
I hope you have installed Ati 64bit drivers.. ;)

32 bit AMD drivers doesnt install on 64 bit editions :bleh:

I will wait for new ccc version and update my win 7 OS too with latest service packs.

Actually it was "havent" ;).. an so used this smiley ;)

ashis_lakra said:
32 bit AMD drivers doesnt install on 64 bit editions :bleh:

I will wait for new ccc version and update my win 7 OS too with latest service packs.

chiragsthakur said:
He has already mentioned that everything works fine when he goes back on 11.6 :)

Then there is nothing left for him but to wait for the new drivers to come out i guess.

does anyone knows "Aditya Infotech" RMA address and their email, phone number ? I have a dead HD 4670 2 yrs old ( just 3 days ago), i lost the bill, how can i RMA it ? It has no-display output and Fan is very very noisy.

Here's their website-http://adityagroup.com/home/showpages.asp?show=contactus&sLocationID=18

try it in contacts,you will get all the info.

Back