Graphic Cards Catalyst problems

Ok guys i have am Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800 PRo 256 Mb ddr2 card. The drivers which came with the card are the only thing that are stable. Whenever i put new drivers i get lots of problems. I always have tried new catlayst drivers that are released but each one of then gives me hell lot of problems:

1.)The system hangs when i am in a game
2.)This problem is the most irritating of em all. When i am using thr system suddenly my Monitor switches off by itself. I mean the green light on the monitor shows that it is on but nothing is displayed on it. When i press the NUMS LOCK button it shows that the pc is working but the monitor isnt showing up. So i have to restart the PC.

I am getting fed up of these problems. Does anyone have any solutions?

Hmmm... Did u use Driver Cleaner to completely remove the old drivers after uninstalling them ? If not, uninstall ur old drivers, boot into Safe Mode, use Driver Cleaner to clean the old drivers, restart into Normal Mode and try installing the newer drivers.

Google for "Driver Cleaner" and download it. Then install it. Then run it. it will give you an option to clean ATI drivers.

But befire you use Driver Cleaner, you need to uninstalled the driver first. Uninstall the driver. Reboot. Use Driver Cleaner to clear out ATI drivers. Then reboot again and reinstall the latest set of drivers. See if it works.

Killroy,

I think that the 9800Pro's have a problem with the Newer Catylyst's.

Even freefrag, was having the same problem. Now hes back at 4.12

Maybe you sohuld try 4.12 too.

Also, using Omega Driver's, hampers IQ, atleast it did for me.

goldenfrag said:
Killroy,

I think that the 9800Pro's have a problem with the Newer Catylyst's.

Even freefrag, was having the same problem. Now hes back at 4.12

Maybe you sohuld try 4.12 too.

Also, using Omega Driver's, hampers IQ, atleast it did for me.

dont have any sort of problem with my 9800 pro and cat 5.12... mine is 256 mb ddr2 also...

Back